Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

• HOME

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 July 2013
HOMEThis album is by far the best one so far by Aynsley Lister and this is no mean fete, the title track 'Home' is excellent clean classic blues number and sets the standard for the rest of this offering. There is a lot on this piece of work, 'Sugar' explores the honky tonk side of the genre the track 'Insatiable' is excellent. There is a very good cover of the standard 'Feeling Good' bringing what I would describe as a heavy blues aspect to this classic well covered song. If you have not bought an Aynsley Lister album before it would be a great place to start! As an aside this is the first time I have used the Amazon Cloud Player, what a wonderful piece of kit.
on 2 September 2013
Aynsly I would say is primarily a blues man but not all of his music is entirely pure blues which makes his albums interesting listening. This is probably one of his best albums to date next to "Equilibrium". Each track is different which stops it becoming boring as some albums are just too repetitious, this is fresh and vibrant and I just cannot stop playing it. If anybody out there would like an easy introduction to the blues, this could be a great album to start with.
Aynsley's guitar playing is sublime and whats more he sings beautifully too. He's written most of the songs with the exception of two tracks. This man deserves more recognition than he gets and has more talent in his little toe than some of the crap dished up today. But hey enjoy the album and just think that only a few of us are fortunate enough to be listening to Aynsley Lister.
This doesn't happen often but just by chance I purchased Danny Bryant's "Home" at the same time which I equally enjoy and these two albums are constantly played each day and that's a total of 21 excellent tracks, I'm in heaven. Buy it and you will not be disappointed and become one of the few lucky people to have a copy of this excellent, brilliant, fabulous album.
on 8 July 2013
Brilliant album, good range of songs. Free is a definite favourite, but the whole album is incredible. If you like Aynsley's music, there is no doubt you will love this. If you have not listened to his music before, I would recommend you try it.

I got my album at a gig a couple of months ago and have listened to it A LOT. It is one of the best CDs in my collection, by far. If you are even considering this album, I would just say BUY, BUY, BUY!!! And if you get the chance to see him live, then do so.
on 25 February 2014
For those like me who grew up listening to Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Jeff Beck and Paul Kossof during the sixties and seventies Brit Blues Rock boom you may have been wondering when we'd hear the likes again. Thankfully there's a generation of new bands that appreciate the music of my generation's youth. No Aynsley is no Peter Green of the sixties or seventies as one reviewer noted (sadly neither is Peter these days), but there are times when Aynsley's melodic guitar work comes very close.
Lyrically Aynsley has room to develop, but songs like "Free" take on the difficult subject of physical demise and death with maturity and grace - and with outstanding dramatic guitar work. So in summary, for me there's eight out of twelve great numbers on this album, which cover a variety of blues rock styles and tempo. And I am very pleased to see the UK's growing number of young blues players receive the recognition they deserve. In that I include Aynsley Lister, Matt Schofield, Olly Brown, Joanne Shaw Taylor, Virgil and the Accelerators, Chantel McGregor and Danny Bryant. If you love the blues make sure you see these acts live. No it's not the sixties blues boom all over again...........times have moved on.......but great all the same and HOME based.
on 27 March 2015
Underated genius at work! Aynsley is a super talented guitarist who also has a knack of writing brilliant anthemic songs. He may possibly have started out as a blues player, but has developed way beyond that. As a guitarist myself I appreciate his playing skills which are truly excellent. I recently introduced a guitarist friend of mine to his playing at a gig at The Farnham Maltings. He pretty much stood there transfixed for the whole evening! Do go and see him if you get the chance - you won't regret it! 'Home' is a great album - maybe the most well rounded, but all the others are great, too.
on 23 September 2014
Well I only descovered Aynsley Lister about a month ago hearing the title track home on the Paul Jones blues show. And stopped my car and ordered the album straight away. When the album arrived it was played and what a talent this guy has. Aynsley is as good a guitar player as all the best about today . I went to see him with his talented band only last weekend and even better live than I expected. Will buy all his other albums now. Also a very talented song writer too.
on 6 October 2013
One reviewer implied that this was Blues a little by numbers but the majority suggested what a good album it was and I totally agree it is laid back in many instsances but Ainsley has a relaxed vocal style and he is a good guitarist.I have played it 3 times in the car where I play most of my music and must say I enjoy it more each time I play it
on 15 July 2013
I've seen Aynsley Lister play live many times and he's truly amazing. I also agree with some of the other reviewers that it's unbelievable that he isn't better known. Perhaps that goes with the territory; being a blues artist and all that.

This album is good; his voice is as good as ever and his guitar playing just gets better and better, so my only criticism is that it's too laid back for my taste.

The best track for me is "Sugar" - I only wish there had been a few more up tempo tracks in the mix. All artists grow and change with time but a little more of the "energy" found on the Albums Equilibrium and Upside Down would have created a better balance.

Overall though a good album and worth buying.
on 27 April 2015
I wish I had heard of Aynsley Lister earlier. After seeing him for the first time a few weeks back I ordered this album as I was very impressed. I feel I've got my money's worth because there isn't a single song on the album that I dislike. He's an underrated artist. If you like blues/rock you won't be disappointed with this.
on 30 July 2013
A change in style when compared to Equilibrium but a wonderful surprise and has been on random repeat in my car
Since purchase last Friday since I can't decide which is the best track. Home,Broke,inside Out and a delightful version
Of Feeling Good are right up there. Any ideas on who the Straight Talkin Woman might be ?
Don't hesitate just buy this album whilst stocks last !