Boys on Film X [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 26 January 2014
Every year Boys on Film seems to getter better, with a superb collection of short films from around the world. It never ceases to amaze me how some directors are able to convey in a few minutes, what some films take hours to do. Not all these attempts are successful, and in some cases these can be crass, stereotyped and poorly executed.

Boys on Film 10 transcends this, with a cutting exploration of themes which are both jarring and difficult. Each short story explores a different aspect of sexuality, and by doing so opens ones eyes to a sexual fluidity that goes beyond mere labels.

Whilst I enjoyed all 8 short films, I must say that "Blinders", "Inflatable Swamp" and "Little Gay Boy. Christ is Dead" stand out for me. I can't wait for Boys on Film 11.
on 5 October 2016
Enjoyed this from start to finish, stand out story is third one about French boy who wants to be a model, he goes from being a likeable carefree teenager into a boy who is used by anyone for their desires.
In one day he falls foul of anything and everyone, he gets humiliated in a photograph session, gets hit on a underground train just for being who he is and gets whipped as "punishment" for knocking into someone.
Deeply moving and sad.
Other stories are good as well but the above stands out.
on 31 March 2014
I have seen pretty much all of the Boys On Film series, and this isn't one of the best, a couple of the short films I have seen elsewhere (Are they starting to run out and are having to repeat themselves?), maybe the themes are becoming to familiar, but I did not enjoy one of these short stories, and felt rather underwhelmed at the end.
on 13 June 2014
...because directors of gay-themed films have become very sure-footed in what they present.

The casting alone is to die for. Tight scripts and top-drawer production values. A lovely collection of films with notably strong casting.
on 4 June 2014
I threw out my vids of numbers 1to4 recently if this is supposed to be the best of the genre I would hate to see the rest I think there was only one which was mildly interesting and it was towards the end in the welsh camp village quite a good idea.
on 15 May 2016
Good range of films
on 2 February 2014
I love the Boys on film short stories series and this has a very good selection! (although I think Bug Crush on BOF3 will never be beaten) well worth a look
on 31 December 2015
to me this was a total waste of a dvd.
on 19 August 2016
Superb acting filmmaking. Not your usual run of the mill gay film.
on 7 January 2016
not the best of the series