on 13 August 2017
Saint's Row as a series has often been overlooked thanks in part to the GTA series and to this day I fail to understand why. Sure the very first game was merely Okay it didn't light the world on fire but wasn't terrible though I struggle to remember anything about it.
Saints Row 2 was good but then Saints Row 3 came out and I still hold in high regard all these years later, well not that many years but my point still stands. The Third Street Saints, the gang you run in Saints Row the Third have at this point in their lives become pop culture icons which merchandise on the same level as Star Wars and naturally begin to feel as though they have lost themselves, forgetting who they really are and so the first mission has you and your crew robbing a bank and reminding people they're still into the gang life, soon enough you're crew and you are arrested and are taken to some other gang leaders plane who attempts to convince the Saints to surrender to him, this goes as well as one would expect and then after escaping the plane mid flight they wind up in the city of Steel Port. Out of luck and money the player character then decides as any sensible person would to take over the city, one gang at a time. The game is mostly a ludicrous adventure with missions like riving in a car with a live tiger, fighting gangsters in a video game or shooting zombies but knows when to ease up its its ridiculous nature for some sincere character moments and plot points but never forgets the number 1 rule of video games, that it is meant to be fun. Grand Theft Auto V wore me out if I'm honest simply by having no likable characters and lacking a strong overarching story, lots of little plot points but nothing with a satisfactory pay off so then I took my little trip back in time to give this game a play and like I mentioned I am left confused as to how Saints Row as a series is eclipsed by the gelatinous blob of GTA. Saint's Row The Third is and I really hate this word but... well it is Awesome.
A variety of fun weapons, a level system which adds something to gameplay with useful character upgrades and perks, fun and genuinely interesting characters and a decent level of character customization, there is so much about this game to like. I was a little turned off by regenerating health as I am in any game because it kills the pace of an intense fire fight as you suck your thumb behind a wall waiting for your arms to grow back and yes I realize what I just said.
Saints Row is the kind of game which deserves to be played, what few issues it has are compensated for by the game focusing on what it does well, mad-cap action and driving with some genuinely hilarious situations. I never felt like the swearing was to much either, GTA has that problem where characters curse too often for no reason and it just stops being impactful, while the protagonist of Saints Row still swears but he/she does so appropriately and at moments when you'd expect a human to do so, not just because your audience is mostly 6 years old and think characters repeatedly spouting curse words is funny. Saints Row the Third shows us that as that there is still room for actual whit as well as some good ol' fashioned silliness.
Overall I have to say that Saints Row The Third is a well put together game with a lot of humor and challenge, if you're still in possession of a PS3 or Xbox 360 or just own a reliable PC then I suggest you fire it up, grab this game and enjoy yourself.
on 22 April 2017
Really fun game. The full packages DLC is great. After a short tutorial, you are released into the game with pretty much every item you could hope for, jets, tanks, d*ldo, etc. I have tons of fun playing this game when I should be doing something productive, and it was so cheap. Its an old game now so the graphics are nothing ground breaking, however even after a few years, it still provides hours of fun.

Definitely worth purchasing.
on 28 May 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 April 2016
Happy with the product and the game
on 9 January 2014
I love this series anyway so I think I am a bit biased... but the full packages are a lot of fun! Only completed one of them at the moment but I don't get much time on the PS3 anyway, but I do love the new side missions on it. They do make me laugh
on 21 March 2017
One of the most annoying games I've ever played. I suppose it's trying to be a sort of cheap GTA but it lacks the humour of the original. Terrible NPC AI.
on 18 January 2015
Lots of fun. I like this game. It's what GTA used to be more like in Vice City days. The open environment is much freer than modern GTA games and you can choose more when and how to complete missions. It is silly and juvenile, but I think you expect that when you buy this type of game. I recommend it.
on 25 October 2015
Nothing wrong with the game as I already owned it but I bought it for the online code which did not work, this is due to deep silver shutting down it's servers. If you buy this you will only be able to play single player.
on 15 November 2014
Best game I be played in along while and that's saying something. It's like if gta and ganki cat had a baby. Action and funny for all ages. If this was pg7 it would rubbish as most of the comedy is from the swearing
on 23 August 2014
have all four saints row games this one rocks and is all kinds of fun even if it did get very very silly

See one answered question