on 2 March 2016
Recently a friend bought this as like me she is a fan of the original game and when she told me of this enhanced version I knew I had to purchase it.Well to be honest it doesn't look much better than the original but then again I am not able to view both versions side by side.However I will say the old version is far more stable than this version,it had slow down but never once crashed on me.This game however crashed twice within the first 15 minutes of the game and even though I saved my progress it made me re do everything once I restarted my console.I am also unhappy with the user interface and find the game more awkward to play than before.The good thing is it only cost me a little over £7.00 unlike my friends £30.00 but honestly if you already have the original lost chapters this just isn't worth purchasing again especially as it is so bug ridden!
One person found this helpful
on 29 October 2017
I don't know what the fuss was about with the box being in Polish as the game is in English and it's a lot cheaper It works on my Xbox One perfectly You get the lost chapters with this as well The Graphics are greatly improved and the sound seems better Only marking it down because the smart glass option is unnecessary and pointless and the auto aim and camera sometimes have a mind of their own But overall a good game Well worth the price I paid
on 21 November 2016
I've been playing fable anniversary in parallel with majora's mask 3D and it has really illuminated how polished and well put together majora's mask 3D is. Don't get me wrong fable is a charming game but this version is so slow and glitchy. I've put 5 hours into the game and it has frozen twice. The loading screens are soooo long. As an action RPG the world is crafted beautifully and combat mechanics are satisfying if a little slow. I played fable 2 years ago and would say that is the better game. Fable anniversary is still a good game though and you can see the ambition in the vision of the game but is a slight disappointment for me...
on 29 March 2018
Excellent Game - I have played Fable II in the past and enjoyed the story. I always wanted to play the first Fable game and now I can!!

If you like good & evil, magic, adventure plus many more options this game is for/maybe suitable for you. Can also be scary!

"NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16!!"
on 19 October 2017
bought this as an addition to my fable collection and it came only for me to see it came as a promotional copy instead of a proper copy.
this has ruined my collection as ive already got a promo and was after a retail edition with all manuals etc.
have returned it
review imagereview image
One person found this helpful
on 11 September 2014
This was one of those games that I was so excited for and yet, I feel it didn't live up to everything I wanted it to be. I was expecting to relive the adventures I had playing this as a kid and yet I was left feeling empty. Not that it isn't a good game, I think my expectations were a little too high for it. I feel like after all the progress made up to Fable 3, we've been spoiled. I was expecting it to be as good as 3 and well that's the point, 3 has moved on and learned from Fable 1 & 2 so of course I enjoy that more. If you're just starting out then this is a great place to go from. I definitely would have enjoyed this graphics whilst younger!
on 17 August 2016
Still glitching - I love this game, but it crashes so often! Supposedly the crashing issue was fixed after launch, but even with a re-install of this game from disc, plus update to the latest patches, I'm still suffering from irregular crashes. Only the excellence of the game itself makes this remotely tolerable.
on 25 February 2015
Excellent HD update to the original, the HD graphics immediately stand out and the you can see where the hard work has gone. The game is full of interesting characters, dialogue and locations but if you've owned the original don't expect too much beyond better graphics and a few tweaks here and there.

A great RPG for adults and kids with lots of daft humour and an abundance of West Country accents.
on 27 November 2016
Game works really well. There are some glitches, cheap price for a brand new game that's only 2 years old am happy with the product and would recommend for and Fable fan such as myself. Disc is in perfect condition and there was no damage to the box nor any tears.
on 14 November 2016
I liked Fable 2 and 3 better in regards to flexibility. This one takes a good bit to load between zones and seems more flat. Understandable as a revamp of the original.