on 29 October 2013
As clouded as my excitable judgement is, this kit is excellent.

I am just a beginner to guitar so, my unqualified opinion is that everything provided is excellent.

All in all I have been wanting to learn guitar but have not wanted to teach myself or fork out ridiculous sums of money for guitar lessons. This fits all the basic kit and teaching lessons into a bundle that's fun and amazing value.

Good luck.
on 26 October 2013
Guitar is of amazing quality.

Game is a brilliant teaching tool.

Came with an extra male to male 6.35mm cable so you can connect it to and amplifier.

No noticeable lag between guitar and game.

The only gripe I have is that when It was delivered, the small plastic circles that were supposed to keep the box closed were open by the time it got to me. So delivery could have been better.
on 28 November 2013
Great bundle, cracking guitar for the price! Note the guitar is normal adult full size guitar, not a junior size guitar as its just the name of this particular les paul model so can be confusing!

Guitar is pretty light, easy to tune, I just started straight out the box, plugged it in and off I went, 90 mins later I had learned a main riff from a song and had fun in the process! Its a bargain at this price.

Game comes with special real tone lead, guitar bundle comes with 2 plectrums, guitar strap and a normal amp lead as well which was a bonus. Also downloaded the 6 extra songs that come as part of the bundle. Looking forward to playing some more!
on 27 November 2013
I just don't know how they can tune the guitar so accurate. I love the game. First time i try Rocksmith because the reviews this year were better. I didn't have a guitar so i bought this bundle. It took me 10 minutes to plug in and tune. For a beginner like me it's really good. Rocksmith learns how you play and suggests songs to help you improve. It also came with a code to download another 6 songs for free.
on 19 April 2014
I own an Epiphone LesPaul Special/Custom, worn,gigged,used (not by me), but still somewhat useable,
this Guitar is better. clean lines, simple design, humbucker works excellent, sound through clean is v.v.impressive.
add distortion and reverb, it is as good as anything with 1/4" hole.
But Chinese build quality is miles off the old trusty LP Special/Custom.

Neck is slimmer thn my other, so feels easier, with the pack you get a good strap, v.good grade picks x2,
I have RS2014 on PC so will sell PS3 version, as I wanted the guitar and cable, this bundle made the game free.
Also the cable works with other emulators.

The game is okay, graphics look v.good, sound is good, all round v.useable.

Buy this pack,
or support your local music shop, go there, get the cable and game another way.
on 10 December 2013
I sold my guitar last year and missed playing it. I'm not a great player but have always wanted to learn lead guitar and scale but never had the time and money for lessons. This package is perfect for the job. The guitar is very good quality, especially when you look at cheap models from lesser brands. The Gibson heritage really shines through. Once you get used to the lessons and the way it teaches it's great. I have found it frustrating as I want to run before I can walk having already learnt the rythum sides to songs. If you have the patients you will have fun and gain much. I can't see it being overly appealing to accomplished guitar players. It is also fun to play the games even with friends who know nothing about guitar. Even more annoying when they beat your scores.

Good luck to anyone who purchases, hope you enjoy it as much as me.
on 6 November 2013
From the start of playing It just kept getting better and better If you want to try learning the guitar you need not look to far just buy rocksmith 2014 and you will learn at your own pace how to play.

I was really looking forward to this game and when It came to my door I unpacked and started the game. Unfortunately for me when I came to re tune the guitar I broke one of the strings I was unset that they had not provide some spare strings just in case one broke. If you need to replace the strings 10-46 gauge is what the guitar needs and it is very easy to attach the replacement to the guitar(just look on you tube you will find loads of fix it video on there)

The game it self is really fun and every minute you play you get better and better. If you are a beginner this is a perfect game for you.
on 7 May 2014
My son saved all his money up to buy this and was very happy with it. A robust guitar and the tutorial game seems to work well as my son has learnt so much already (be prepared to hear the same song practised over and over!)
The guitar is heavy and really needs a stand but they can be bought really cheaply.We have already had the guitar re-strung but in fairness i'm not sure if that was just my son being extra fussy over the quality of sound!? We got this for an amazing price on Amazon and its been well worth the purchase(cheaper than guitar lessons!)
on 17 February 2014
I really only bought the game just for the ephiphone les paul mark 2, I have been using the rocksmith game I started off very slow but as the game goes on the memory of the game it kicks in when you improve the game registers the fact and speeds up and adds more notes taking you to the full learning of a given song, again the Les Paul is great I have a friend that his played thrash rock for years and he told me the guitar is great for the price the tone crystal clear Is fantastic, as well an ephiphone guitar life time warranty for any defects, you can't ask any more for the price also there is a 60 day challenge on the game to do, this is great you have to log into uplay great way of learning a son that you could never have grasped previously, I am learning some of the songs in line with a course on line that I am doing
Another great way of guitar training getting two different perspectives, totally recomend for the beginner....
on 17 January 2014
The new version "analyses" your playing time and suggests what path or lessons you should take next. The flexibility comes in the sense that you can ignore the suggestions and play whatever you like.

If, like me, you are learning to play the guitar, the freedom can be a bit confusing since you're not sure what to do next or jumping from free playing to the highly structured lessons can be a bit jaring. In this sense, I prefer the older version since it lead me gently (but firmly) through the lessons and which songs to play next. However, I appreciate given the choice of choosing any song I want when I just want to strum something without worrying about affecting my lesson progress.

All in all, a good upgrade, but beware that it costs money to transfer the original disc songs from the old version to the new. Also, be careful of which version and which region you are using if you want to transfer your previously purchased DLC. In my case, I had a PS3 US disc for Rockband 1 (since the game was not widely available where I live) and I had to use the US store since they was no native Rockband store where I live. I now have the EU version (since the EU store IS accessible where I live) and I cannot transfer DLC from the older version.

One final note on transfering DLC, make sure your machine has a save file from the older game on the machine. I have multiple PS3's in the house so I had to copy the save file over.

Of course, you won't have these problems with the PC version which uses steam. But I didn't have the option since I purchased the orginal game early on before the PS port.