on 6 June 2017
This keyboard is great, would really recommend for RSI suffers (but explore other treatments as well because no single thing is a silver bullet with RSI). Took me a few weeks to learn to type but after that my typing speed became the same as normal.
on 18 March 2014
I have over years bought several Kinesis keyboards. All have been working well so far. I have tried many keyboards and this one is the best of them all. It's expensive, true. But the benefits, at least for me, are undeniable and unbeatable. The single fact that the arrow keys are under your fingers and you don't have to re-locate your hands to reach them is one BIG selling point. Since I do type a lot of code I find the keyboard simply irreplaceable. When I first bought it, I had to kind of re-learn touch-typing. It took me about a week to become proficient as much as on the traditional and then surpass my skills. But then... I also learned to touch-type on the Dvorak layout (which is built-in in any type of the Kinesis alongside the traditional QWERTY layout), so that added a bit of an overhead. Don't worry, though. If you decide to go for this keyboard, you'll reap the fruit in no time. Needless to say that you'll be protected from RSI - something you should not overlook. All in all, I cannot live without this product. I have several of them and even got one for work. Good aspect of that is that nobody touches my keyboard now! :) I have spent about 1 000 pounds on all of them. Regrets? NONE. Pure pleasure. Life's too short to skimp on something that makes you feel good.
on 21 September 2014
Yes, the keyboard is worth the money. I did have somewhat of a learning curve at first, but I am super-happy with it now.

The linear feel MX-Switches are just great. For those of you who miss the accoustic feedback of a keypress: The keyboard can (optionally) make an electronic "click" noise every time a key is pressed. Very useful!

Note that the (also very useful) foot switch is connected via a simple RJ11 Plug with 4 wires, so you can simply use an old dictation machine foot switch from ebay and rewire it. Saves you some money.
on 1 August 2016
I have been using the non linear feel keyboard for a few years and needed a second one for my office. Get the linear feel, it makes an awesome product even greater.
on 1 October 2016
Instant relief, beautiful action on the LF keys. Took a few days to get proficient, but faster than expected.
on 2 March 2016
I've tried just about every keyboard out there worth trying, and this thing is by far the best! BY FAR! Seriously, I can't praise it enough! I mounted a second generation apple trackpad on the center part and can now finally effortlessly use my fingers to move the cursor a bit, without disrupting my flow. before I had to switch to the mouse and back frequently and had to keep repositioning my fingers over and over again, losing focus and speed.

the switches are brilliant, love the cherry mx reds, so effortless to type something with that low activation force. Still somewhat loud to use even though it's not cherry mx brown, so I'd be careful about using it in an open space office environment.

See one answered question