on 5 October 2016
This has really helped my arm posture at my computer. I am very pleased. My only gripes would be that you have to buy the numbers part of the keyboard separately (and it is not cheap) and also some programmable hot keys would be nice. The copy and paste hot keys have been a real arm saver (and they were the reason I purchased this keyboard, in fact) but I have no need for any of the 3 web hot keys or undo. I would have liked Ctrl-F as I use that a lot. Backspace on that side of the keyboard would have been nice too. Bearing in mind we all need different hot keys, the ability to add your own would make this perfect. Still, I am very pleased with it and so is my arm. Thank you.
on 23 October 2014
My RSI is tendonitis across the back of my hands and this keyboard along with its 'VIP3 V-Lifter and Integrated Palm Supports' didn't help. I think the 'tented' shape (raised in the middle) is probably the way to go, but this isn't raised high enough to make much difference. For the same reason I don't think it would help Carpal Tunnel. It should help if your problems are with pronation or ulnar deviation.
Also, if you prefer a full size keyboard or regularly need the Insert key you probably won't like the layout of this keyboard. Its a 'compact' like a laptop but worse. It has extra keys which if you don't want them, can cause problems, eg: if you use the Control key for anything except Copy/Cut/Paste you'll find that the key in the bottom left corner is now Fn which locks on and changes other keys - very annoying when you wanted Ctrl. To use Insert you have to toggle Fn on, hit Pause/Break, then toggle Fn off again! Do any serious keyboard users use Pause/Break more than Insert?
I'm trying a Fentek ErgoMagic from the USA next - expensive, and UK key labelling not ideal, but bigger tenting angle looks promising. And importantly for me, its a conventional full-size layout.
on 13 June 2014
For those who can touch-type and need a keyboard that works well with Apple computers, this one works very well.(OSX- 10.9.3.) The Windows key, on the lower left can be used instead of the Apple Command key. The key on the extreme lower left of the keyboard (when pressed down) can be used to control the volume buttons F7, F8 and F9. If the key is not pressed down then the volume buttons don't work. Usually a blue light appears on the top right hand corner of the keyboard to let you know that the key is pressed down. The reason I say this is because if you want to type properly make sure the key (extreme lower left hand key) is not depressed because the keyboard will type out some different characters.  For instance, if you press the 'K' key the number '2' appears. So, make sure you don't leave it on by mistake and start typing a password !!
on 3 August 2015
Absolutely brilliant. I was on the fence with this keyboard for months now. I finally ordered it after moving to my new office. Works brilliantly together with the V-lifter. The first couple days were somehow difficult as the keyboard is going to force you to type with 10 fingers but it's well worth the effort as your typing speed will increase. Very comfortable and gives good support for the wrists.
on 26 July 2016
I decided to go for this seemingly cheaper keyboard when compared to the Matias Ergo Pro which is completely ruined by engineering faults. The bad thing for me was that I really wanted to have a mechanical split ergonomic keyboard! But, this looked like a good second place.

I can tell you that the switches on this thing feel amazing! Are they really rubber-dome membrane? They feel like mechanical switches to me! However, I am not an expert in mechanical keyboards at all. The only mechanical keyboard I had was probably the keyboard on the Amiga.

This is a great product and the switches feel nicer than I ever would have expected! They seem to give a mechanical-like click on the upstroke.

In all seriousness this is at least as good as the Matias Ergo Pro (if not better!)... in fact, performace/quality:price ratio - this does win hands down. And, compared to the layout of the ergo pro (with 6 and F5 on the right side and cramped positioning for the direction and pageup/down keys) the Kinesis Freestyle2 wins.

Cheers, I will now get another one for the house.
on 23 July 2013
I had this product for few weeks and I am pleased with it. The keys are soft and the separation forces good touch typing as you cannot simply do combinations of keys with one hand.

Together with the VIP3 accessory it provides the lift and the angle to reduce the pressure on fingers and joints which had a limited but noticeable effect on my RSI. You should buy it before getting RSI and not a silver bullet solution after you got it.

The missing star is due to some awkwardly positioned keys that took me a while to get used to and, of course the price. Looks like it's a bit too much for what is essentially a normal keyboard cut in half. Nevertheless it's a good product.
on 23 July 2016
I have problems with my right hand. It is not carpal tunnel. I cannot bend my hand around and have problems if the keys are too heavy. This works for me. I needed the lifter to make the keyboard tented. It makes such a difference. I have used a split but fixed keyboard before so learning curve wasn't so bad. The fact I can move the left and right to their own position is a godsend. I also bought the number keypad to go with it. Ingenuous idea. Also makes more room on the desk as I can put the bits to one side if not using it. No issues at the moment. I know people have reported the keys not working. Only time will tell I guess at the moment it's great. Would recommend if you have a damaged hand/wrist.
on 18 August 2014
Quite impressed with it. An improvement I'd like to see is for the plastic attachment between the "left" and "right" hand side of the keyboard to be made wider. Having fairly wide shoulders, I've widened it as much as possible, but it would be great to be able to make it a little wider.
on 18 February 2015
-> Good product, worked as expected. Quite comfortable, easier to adapt to than I expected.
-> Some of the little plastic/rubber lump things on the back came off quickly, so it isn't quite as stable as it should be. I've only had it a couple of months so can't comment on durability.
-> It's quite pricey, but you know that, so I won't factor that into the review.
-> slightly noisier than most new keyboards, it's a bit thicker and mechanical; this doesn't bother me but might bother other people in the same room as you a bit.

I bought this after having some minor upper-back posture problems and from some mild tendonitis in my wrist; I think both of these are exacerbated due to hunching over small laptop keyboards.I also bought the VIP3 (tilty) accessory. It makes a fairly big difference, I think, though I haven't used the keyboard without them to compare. But I use it most of the time at the 15-degree tilt and don't notice it, so I'm presuming it's a good thing! I also always separate it, instead of joined at the top and rotated.

It was much easier to adapt to than I expected. Took a couple of days of glancing at my fingers a lot, and I still miss a couple of keys (usually only the ones which are across the divide, eg H is on the right but I'm used to hitting it with my left). I use it as part of a standing desk or a sitting desk, sometimes I put the keyboard on my leg instead of having to reach for the screen. It also means the hands have to move less than when on a normal keyboard, so could potentially be faster.

I think this is the design on the future and in five years or so they'll be the main type of keyboard. It feels really comfortable to use, I notice it swapping back to a usual keyboard now. My symptoms have gone down for upper back tightness and wrist pain. It's also a bit more fun as it feels kinda like a space ship control...
on 12 May 2016
By far the best keyboard I've ever used. Its comfortable and afaptable to exactly how i want to use it. I agree that placement of keys could be improved (for me the delete key is too far up) but this you get used to; the keyboard in every other respect is outstanding!

I think if you but it the accessory kit is critical to obtaining full benefit from the keyboard.