1,128

My Microsoft Xbox One Play and Charge Kit Review

5/5 stars.. I would give this 10 stars if i could as my 9 year old son has cost me a fortune asking for battery's for his pad so this was certainly money well spent (and no more searching the house high and low for battery's he could use ) . Once fully charged my son got a good 2-3 days ( approx 20 odd hours gaming ) before he needed to recharge the battery pack . This is highly recommend to anyone who owns an Xbox one .
* Arrived next day via Amazon Prime and came boxed as an official Microsoft product.
* Inside the box is your play and charge wire at 2.8m long ( covers a long distance) and the play and charge battery pack.
* Setup : To use the battery pack you need to slide the plastic door off the rear of the controller and insert play and charge pack.
* When the battery eventually died the pack fully charged up after 3 Hours 30 minutes (when i finally got him to put it down!!)
* When the battery is getting low the Xbox One will tell you. Just plug in the play and charge wire into the mini-USB port on the controller and the light on the wire will show yellow. When the battery is fully charged, this light will show white.
review image review image review image review image
on 8 May 2017
I think that this product is good and its battery life is sufficient in my standard xbox one s controller. The cable provided is also very long which is great for when the battery goes flat and you need to play whilst charging. Only problem i have found is that the battery does not hold its charge that well, so when the controller is left unused for a couple of weeks it has lost alot of its charge. Also the actual green xbox packaging for this battery is way over the top and whilst not a problem for the user its just a waste. Overall reasonable preformace though and i will be buying another for my other controller.
on 17 January 2017
I bought this product pre Christmas as I was getting a new Xbox Controller for Christmas and my old Play and Charge Kit was broken. I have used this product twice and the charge is horrendous.
I charged the Controller last night 16/01 using this until the orange light became white (fully charged) and took it off charge. I turn on my Xbox to play this evening to receive a notification within two minutes that my batteries are low, subsequently meaning I have to charge again.
I have no issue with this as I sit within a reasonable distance from my TV, however if I had wanted a wired controller I would have bought one.
on 9 May 2017
Originally purchased in 2014, these batteries have served me well for almost 3 years and show no major signs of wearing out. They still last substantially longer than my PS4 controller and though I've gotten into the habit of charging after every play through, I know I can comfortably get 3-4 days of use out of it (averaging 6-8 hours a day).
on 2 April 2017
Essential for all Xbox one owners. My son was chewing through so many batteries. I saw this and I have to say it works really well. Far more eco friendly than buying disposable batteries and the fact you can play whilst charging subliminally teaches my son that he has to be proactive with remembering to charge things and it's his job to do so (and not mine!) if he wants to play wirelessly
on 14 January 2016
This product is needed but should really be included with the console! This is, however, a necessity as two Duracell batteries last a matter of weeks using a headset and overtime it is worth the investment!

This is a typical company scamming you out of money and it actually works! However it is a must have for any battery powered blender
on 21 April 2017
Came unbowed but did state that in the description. Even though it was unboxed it was brand new.

Worked immediately, no filling just put in the controller and plugged in the lead to charge.

Had it a few months now and it works perfectly.

Great product and cheaper than everyone else.
on 25 April 2017
We have been using this for 2 and a half months and I have to say it is the worst plug and play kit we have ever had! It says it's connected when it isn't, shows low battery when it should be fully changed and says it's half charged when it hasn't got enough charge to even keep the controller on!! Extremely disappointed with this product.

It looks like I can't even return this product now, which discourages me from buying such products from Amazon as I would have no problem getting an exchange from a high street retailer.
on 1 April 2017
This is poor, charged first time I connected it now it doesn't, have to keep it connected to controller to play, it doesn't charge!! Whole point of getting this was that it was branded as Microsoft and I want a wireless controller not wired, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!
on 27 April 2017
The battery works great on a full charge for 1.5-2 days, even after a year, but the cord became very finicky about a month after purchase. It would only charge if completely still.