Customer reviews

on 24 November 2016
Came across this band by chance after hearing Chvrches remix of 'Hurricane'. Have been listening to both MS MR albums for a few months some now and still haven't grown tired of 'How Does it Feel' or 'Second Hand Rapture'. Well crafted albums - an interesting band, with an interesting sound and meaningful lyrics which probably deserved wider success than sales figures/chart listings suggest. Would recommend to electro pop music lovers seeking more than the normal mainstream pap being played on the radio these days :)
on 2 January 2014
Doing my usual browse trying to find some new tunes when i stumbled upon this. A quick listen on Amazon and Youtube and I bought the whole album and haven't stopped listening to it. It is dark and utterly beautiful and i don't understand why I haven't heard of them before. Dark Doo Wop is simply stunning. If you're a fan of the darker side of pop then this will not disappoint. Can't wait to hear more from them :)
on 21 October 2013
I heard a song or two from Ms Mr on the radio and decided I'd try them out. It's a good album and has some great tracks included. I bought the version with explicit lyrics but there's nothing major to shock anyone that buys it. The songs have an individuality and the band have their own unique sound.
on 14 October 2014
I love this album. I first heard Hurricane on Star Crossed. Fell in love with the song straight away, searched for it that night and bought the album. I really enjoy the fact that I like all but one song on there but it's great that you can also order the individual tracks.
on 4 November 2013
I hadn't heard of MS MR since a few months ago, but since then, they've been on every playlist I've made and even though they're not played on the radio a lot, I know they have a huge fan base following.
They're not like anyone else, so give them a listen! You won't regret listening to Hurricane, Bones, Salty Sweet or Dark Doo Wop.
on 2 July 2013
Discovered this band through Pretty Little Liars. Fantastic album. Been listening to it on repeat. I would definitely recommend it to all my friends. I listened to it in its entirety on Spotify and just had to purchase it. These guys are very talented. The music has an ethereal and upbeat quality. I will definitely be keeping an ear out for their new stuff.
on 8 August 2013
I had not hear any of their music, then hear....by chance, Hurricane.......I was blown away and was delighted to hear the entire album is excellent. Very much the type of music to stir emotions, pin point feelings, allow you to express feelings and just all round excellent both music and lyrics.
on 25 July 2014
At first I was disappointed with this, but after listening to it through, I've decided every song is worth 5*. Some songs stand at more than others (2 of my personal favourites are Ash Tree Lane and Dark Doo Woop) .

All of these songs are dark but not what you'd expect :D

Very happy, can't wait for another album! :)
on 8 June 2016
I discovered this album recently and absolutely fell in love with it. The music is innovative, the lyrics are genius and the vocals from Lizzy Plapinger are addictive (and very real, see live performances on YouTube and you'll be amazed at how little editing is done to her voice). An ingenious musical duo, looking forward to more releases.
on 10 December 2013
I love driving with the album, it's very relaxing with some more upbeat tunes.
The only thing that lets it down is that some of the remixes at the end of the album, reminded me of the B-sides of Shania Twain's 'Up' album which I was forced to listen too once...