Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.39

on 6 June 2013
Saw Jacob on Jools, first impressions were great, downloaded album and it lives up to my expectation. Great voice, cracking songs
on 20 May 2013
I recently saw Jacob on the Jools Holland show and was very impressed with both his voice and the song. I think he sang "Rainy Day" which is on the EP. Did a web search and found this recording which I duly purchased.

The songs are a mix of 50/60s soul/gospel sounds and more contemporary themes such as "Kids On The Corner"

He reminds me very much of Sam Cooke with his smooth silky voice allied to some well crafted songs - faint praise indeed ! Certainly with the current crop of female R&B singers such as Emile Sandi hogging the limelight, it is refreshing to find a quality male singer in a similar genre. I would definitely recommend buying this 8 song EP as it's light years ahead of the typical trashy chart fodder you hear every day on the radio.

I would have given it 5 stars but my only slight criticism is the balance of songs in this collection. Whilst all the songs are good,I would have liked a couple of more up tempo numbers mixed in. That's only a personal opinion after the first couple of hearings, and one that may alter over time
on 31 May 2013
I have nothing but praise for this new artist!!! His voice is so soulful, it get's you feeling all kinds of emotions.
If you like Michael Kiwanuka or John Legend you're going to love this guy!!!
When he performs live you can really tell he means every single word.
Jacob Banks is going to be a huge artist!!!!
My favourite track on this EP is Dear Simone.
Really looking forward to him releasing a album and can only hope that his version of Rihanna's 'Stay' is included, if not that it's on the next BBC Live Lounge album.
on 9 May 2013
I saw Jacob Banks on the Jools Holland show and was struck by his unique voice and smooth performance.

This is an EP and is great value for money! Jacob has a soulful voice and the songs suit him well. Some of it is like a cross between Seal and John Mayer and my favourite song is currently "Dear Simone".

I have no doubt that Jacob has a shiny future if he keeps this up!

********
Edited to 5 stars. Still listening a year and a half later!
on 24 March 2014
This is the first review I've ever given. This is a truly astonishing voice and album. How is it possible that such music can go so little noticed. The music is so powerful and heart felt it eats straight into your soul. If a person makes only one album in his/her life of this beauty and power, it is more than enough. It both humbles and inspires that music of this wonder is still being made
on 16 October 2013
Wow this EP is amazing,his music and lyrics are go good. I have listened to this so many times since purchasing and I look forward to his album. Go and buy this,you wont regret it. All I can say is what a voice, what a gem.
on 15 May 2013
This is the best ep I have heard this year. The music and lyrics are excellent, A great listen. Buy it and enjoy
on 4 September 2016
Shame Jacob Banks only does MP3 downloads, Album is brilliant he has such an amazing voice.
on 16 January 2015
Excellent album.
Discovered Jacob after hearing him in Live Lounge Radio 1.
on 8 February 2015
Love this album, love his voice, can't wait for more from him and gigs!