The 1975
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 September 2016
I hadn't read any reviews on this one. I purchased their 2nd CD because of the reviews and was blown away by it and decided I'd give this debut a shot. So glad I did. This is one fantastic piece of work for a debut CD. Brilliant songs on this one, especially Robbers. This is a brilliant band with awesome songwriting skills and very talented musicians. I don't normally get hooked on a band at first listen, but this is the 2nd band I got hooked on at the first listen of their 2nd CD and had to purchase this one. Glad I did. This is some brilliant music and a change from the garbage that's out there today. Hopefully The 1975 will be around for a while. Awesome band and I definitely highly recommend both of their CDs. Guaranteed you won't be disappointed. I'm not. Finally, some awesome music!
on 25 July 2016
I am a relative newcomer to The 1975 having discovered them recently after seeing their live performances (on TV) from Glastonbury and T-in the Park and am now a huge fan. I have listened to this album non-stop. Favourite tracks include The City and Robbers. Good mix of some good atmospheric tracks. Have since purchased their second album and tickets to see them on tour in Newcastle in December.
on 26 April 2017
this is so edgy i've considered making a soft grunge page on tumblr
on 12 July 2014
This is the best album I've bought in years I love the song "chocolate" so got the album and was soooo not disappointed. I love how its like rock/electric pop but they look like the black veiled brides!( my niece likes them me not so much I'm 37 for gods sake lol) feel I need to point out the band is called " the 1975" in name only don't expect 70s music think some reviewers have been confused lol BUY THIS NOW xx
on 21 September 2017
The postage stickers were put directly onto the vinyl sleeve? This seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do, why not just wrap the vinyl and then stick things to the outer paper? The sleeve is now ruined, the stickers took off most of the vinyl art and otherwise left sticky residue on it. Very disappointing :(
on 15 March 2016
This band is getting bigger now, after just releasing their second album but this first album is just as good! Lots of great songs, an alternative/indie band, so not everyone's taste but have had a fair few hit songs now. Glad I have this album in my collection now!!
on 10 April 2018
Love this album, loooove Matty's voice and hair. Robbers is my favourite track on the album. But it is really hard to pick a favourite because they are all really great.
on 27 March 2014
The singles hook you in and then the whole album builds into a catchy, enjoyable and excellent piece of work.
80s all over this but also something new.
Will be playing this for a few years. Top stuff.
Oh and Menswear is a genius track!!!

WARNING: After a few listens it is addictive and you will be hooked!
on 30 December 2013
Absolutely brilliant - love Chocolate which is why I bought the album. Fantastic tracks on there The City, M.O.N.E.Y., Heart Out, Settle Down - Particularly Great. Brilliant album, can't stop playing it!
on 26 March 2017
Was looking for something new. I don't get to hear the radio, will only for maybe 20 min a day and that's an old persons show. Heard about them as it was on a show. Love it