Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 July 2014
Cannot put into words how much I love this band. Send shivers down my spine. Just incredible. Best album in the last year in my opinion. Absolutely killed it by listening to it on repeat for months! Can't wait till the next one!
on 21 August 2014
Love, love, love The 1975. The 80's pop vibe is infectious and you cannot help but to sing along. From the opening bars of chocolate, I bounce along. With some censored words, by me, even my children song along. "All we seem to do is talk about TREES, is the line they sing!" Settle down is my fave track x
on 11 January 2014
I like most of the songs on this but there were a few towards the end that merged together and became a little predictable. I love the popular songs and the rest are worth a listen but maybe not all the time.
on 13 November 2013
This album speaks to me, as a 19 year old, somewhat strongly. Its themes of sex, relationships, the thoughts of an individual etc, are all extremely relevant to the youth of this day. A lot of it I find somewhat hard to listen to as it evokes memories and experiences of the past - in a good way, but a lot of the songs are nostalgic in this way.

The best songs on the album for me are She Way Out and Pressure, with Chocolate, The City, Girls, Settle Down, Talk! and Heart Out being other highlights. Even the shorter minute-long instrumental excerpts are relaxing and atmosphere-bursting to listen to. I'd say it stands together best as a whole album, a collective emotional experience, better than listening to individual tracks but I'm sure I'm not in the majority.

It's a great, innovative and sensual album - very strong to me. Really nicely presented too. I love the image this band have - it perfectly fits to their sound, their video for 'Girls' being completely unexpected but it's shown me a happier side to the track, which I am grateful for.

The deluxe version contains all their past EPs too, more often than not, the songs as their appear on the actual album sound different to how they originally appeared on the EPs. I'd recommend it simply as it extends the experience, with more of something that works well on the album. 'Woman' is lovely.

The Deluxe version is a lovely product - and I bet the standard CD is too. Wish I'd bought the Vinyl!
on 24 November 2013
This CD album lives up to expectations. The music is as nostalgic and brusque as the name suggests, and I would recommend to any fan of Alternate or Rock.
on 25 October 2013
Pre-ordered this album due to the fact that I loved the song 'Chocolate' so naturally I was apprehensive that I might have jumped the gun. The 1975's debut, however, is a superb example of why customers used to get that buzz of a new album prior to a society of downloads. In a period of music where an album is largely accessible before release, this Manchester band have kept wraps on a finely crafted modern masterpiece.
on 23 February 2014
This album is great, there is a good variety of sounds but they still carry the core sound of the band. I would definitely recommend this and I feel it would appeal to any age. I've listened to it so many times and it still is exciting and enjoyable. The sounds are fresh and should definitely be heard xx
on 18 March 2014
First time I gave it a listen I struggled to enjoy all but a few tracks. The 1975 were a touch too poppy for my tastes. But I kept to it, listening again and again. It wasn't long before I was chanting along to most of their songs and unexpectedly addicted to the album. A great buy for both pop-fans and indie-fans alike.
on 26 April 2016
Fantastic album if you are a fan of the newer album you will like this one. The 1975 have a unique sound that is both modern an retro (to a degree) and it fits me well with my favourite drink in hand and a good hifi
on 27 April 2016
The album is just brilliant. It is full of really good songs and they are for any audience as the music is mixed and full of joy. When getting The 1975 it came with 2 LPs which is great because there are more songs to listen to as well. the vinyl's come in a platinum colour and beats the classic colour black on this occasion. The vinyl came well packaged and was in great quality. I would recommend this to others to buy this album.