Customer reviews

on 2 June 2013
I tend to be a skeptical person and I was worried this book would be filled with the same stuff I've read before like "say I Love Myself" 20 times every morning.

I was pleasantly surprised. The book starts by introducing some more advanced psychology concepts that I found really interesting. These helped me understand myself and other people much better.

Then the book moves into advanced "NLP" techniques which go beyond the typical positive affirmations I've read about before. These NLP techniques seemed really powerful and the one I've tried so far made me feel pretty great.

There's also a free companion workbook you get access to online and can print out or fill in on your computer. I thought this was a nice touch.

I've read that say Self-Esteem is the greatest factor determining financial and relationship success and all round happiness. This always made sense to me. Unfortunately it isn't always so easy as to just "feel good" or "be confident".

We live in a world where so many forces strip us of our self-confidence and fill our minds with anxiety and insecurity. This book will help you fight back, expel the anxiety and re-build your confidence and self-esteem.
on 8 July 2013
This is a really well written book with a great balance of background theory as well as practical advice and exercises on how to improve confidence and self esteem.

What I liked was that the author took the time to explain some of the core reasons that people act the way they do, and why we have certain needs.

Understanding these fundamental needs really helps when it comes to figuring out not only what we want to change in our thought processes, but why those processes are there in the first place.

It was very easy to follow and he provided simple exercises, many of which you can do anywhere, which will all help re-train your thinking in subtle ways; such as creating global beliefs that allow you to build your confidence and easily tackle bigger challenges.

The free workbook also helped to keep track of progress and give an extra incentive to move forward. It's all too easy to put a book down part way through and forget about it, but the workbook helps break down everything into comfortable chunks that aren't overwhelming, as well as giving you a clear 'finish line' to aim for.

Very enjoyable, helpful and written by someone who is clearly knowledgeable.
on 24 August 2013
Good run through some NLP basics around the topic - good explanations based on the science. Some good anecdotes too so easy to read
on 10 July 2013
This is the best book on self-confidence and anxiety I have ever read. I didn't know what to expect when I first came across this book but decided to take a chance and give it a read.

I was very pleasantly surprised to discover this hidden gem packed with a lot of original ideas and techniques I haven't seen in any other book before.

Normally I don't write reviews but I felt this book needs to be shared with more people and deserves 5 stars.
on 24 July 2013
I read this book twice and did the workbook inside. It seems very good!! Time will tell if I have overcome my " anxiety" but I truly hope I have. Lots of things make sense and I will be examining people to see what their driving needs are now !
My only fault with this book was someone should have proof read it first ! There was lots of little mistakes ... so if you need a proof reader for your next book ... im always available :-)
on 15 July 2013
I have read lots of self-help books before, heard about the cinema scenario and the ol' hierarchy thing but it was this book that made it all so clear. Long before I reached the exercises suggested I had numerous 'lightbulb' moments and my anxiety reduced very noticeably.

I had given up on self-help books, until this one was recommended to me, and come to accept that I just had to live with a constant level of anxiety for no definable reason, then when reasons cropped up, my anxiety went through the roof. I honestly don't remember having such a low level of anxiety since I was a young child. Yes I still have problems with it but it's more manageable and doesn't plunge me so deeply into depression.

Despite searching for answers before, it is not until I read this book that they became so clear. Thank you for writing it, John.
on 6 July 2013
This is simply a great book. To me it has the perfect combination of insights and useful theory, mixed with specific actions and techniques.

I don't like books that leave out the theory because I want to understand why something is how it is, or why I should try a certain technique. I don't like books that are only theory because they don't help me make immediate changes.

This book is just the right mix. It stimulated my thinking with the theory and provided new ideas about myself and other people in my life. Then the practical tips helped me apply the concepts right away (the free workbook was really helpful too).

The writing is good as well. I found it entertaining, clear and easy to follow.
on 11 July 2013
What a brilliant book. Never read a self help type book before but needed to work on my self esteem. Suffered with anxiety in particular for ten plus years. Since reading the book I have suffered none!!! This book had all the answers I was looking for. Absolutely brilliant and the workbook you can download was great help too. I've re read this book quite a few times since reading it the first time. Always makes me feel so much better again. Highly recommended.
on 20 January 2014
I found this book very helpful and informative. I truly feel like I've had a boost in my confidence since reading this book. If anyone is looking for a little self confidence boost its worth getting.
on 31 August 2014
Easy to read and understand, if you are looking at similar titles this book will help. I am confident it all ready is for me. Thanks Dan Regards Mark