Electric
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 November 2013
Barely 12 months since the release of 'Elysium' and embarking on another tour, I don't know how the Tennant/Lowe stable have found the energy and room in the diary to provide us with latest offering 'Electric.' Now on their own label, the premiss for this album is to throw the rule book out of the window and stray completely off the beaten track of traditional song structure. Exciting eh?!
With complete contrast to 'Elysium', this is PSB hardcore- The synths and sequencers charge out of the speakers like a herd of wild animals who have been chained up for an eternity. Of course, courtesy of messrs Lowe/Gleadall and on this outing 'Les Rythmes Digitales' Stuart Price. This album would not look out of place in Pet Shop Boys' 'Disco' series of long players.
However, it doesn't quite live up to previous dance offering 'Very/Relentless' from 1993,but it is a refreshing PSB journey, proving continued relevancy with guest vocals from Example on track 'Thursday' as well as new material for the massive established for life, fan base. Opener 'Axis' sets the scene nicely for the rest of the album and would fit nicely as an intro to Neil and Chris' tour set. Time for a well deserved rest boys? No chance!!

Disc Jockey.
on 16 April 2017
Fantastic albums. And it's still a Best seller now. Truly fantastic. It's like being in a night club. Everyone on here buy it. You will love it.
on 4 February 2015
This is not your typical PSB album, unless you compare it to maybe Introspective. Similar theme of dance music, few but lengthy tracks. And it's not good. I don't get on with this album at all. I find it distracting with odd bits thrown it at odd times. It's too experimental. I think they were going for the complete opposite approach to Elysium. I could say that these are B-Side tracks, but that would be an insult to every single B-Side they've released. I hope we get another album...
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 29 December 2014
"Pet Shop Boys" have been my favourite group from the 1980's, I have all their albums.

I saw them again in concert, back in June 2013 and it was another GREAT night. :-)

Their album has another set of fantastic songs and as well as that, it also reminds me of another great time I had at another of their concerts.
on 24 September 2013
ELECTRIC is a Great PET SHOP BOYS album! Strong songs with a solid stomping production from STUART PRICE
Neil Tennant mentioned this could be the first of 3 albums with STUART PRICE
ELECTRIC is also possible the best PET SHOP BOYS live show ever! (I saw it in Stockholm and it was mind blowing!)
on 26 September 2013
I have bought Pet Shop Boys CD's from the very beginning, even the (very few) not so great ones, but this CD is like a breath of fresh air, I feel, as the Pet Shop Boys give some real energy to the songs. I really enjoyed this CD and it is a welcome addition to the overall CD collection!
on 29 December 2013
The opening track Axis (which I think should had been called Electric), sets the tone for the album.. a full on tour de force of dance tunes. Electric is a great album and features some of the best PSB dance tracks for years (Thursday, Vocal, Axis). Highly recommended.
on 25 May 2014
After the disapointing Elysium the Boys are back doing what they do best and that is stompping good electric beats. Although like all good albums should be, that's to say full of different tones and hues, this has guts and delivers an impact.
Welcome back lads!
One person found this helpful
on 21 September 2013
Haven't got anything extra to add here - but just wanted the chance to add my 5 stars. Read the other positive reviews - they truly reflect the exquisite energy of this new PSB outing. Like Relentless Part II - with a bit more structure. Highlight - Vocal. :-)
on 8 March 2014
Pet Shop Boys at their best. I would highly recommend this CD. The tracks are what you could expect to hear at a night club but with the Pet Shop Boys twist, great listening, I am thrashing it to death and hope I don't wear it out! Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful