on 27 June 2014
Absolutely love this amp. I purchased an £200 Samsung home cinema system which was very good but I was restricted in what I could connect to it. I purchased an buttkicker for my home cinema and it would not connect to the Samsung speaker connector sockets on the back. So I purchased this Yamaha amp. Always wanted one for many years. Finally made the leap. Everything connected perfectly. Boy are these amps big and fairly heavy. The Samsung sounded really good but boy, the Yamaha is in another league. You will notice what I mean as soon as you buy one of these and play music through it and compare it to your old system. Only running the Samsung speakers through it so not getting the best out of the amp yet. Am gradually buying new speakers as I go. Purchased 2 active sub woofers from Yamaha to go with this amp. Your other passive ones will not work with this amp, they must be passive. Just purchased an powerful Yamaha centre speaker to try on this amp. Also purchased 2 large floor standing speakers with 5 6" woofers in each one. Can't wait to try them all to replace the Samsung ones. I have the 2 subs already and they are already making me jump out of my seat during movies. Currently got my setup as 7.2 but this amp has an extra 2 ports on the back to put 2 more front presence speakers in the system. So you can have an 7+2.2 setup. The options on the screen are endless. So much to choose from. Particularly like the little mic that comes with the amp. Place it on an tripod next to where your ears will be listening from, plug into the amp and the speaker test begins. First an harsh noise goes around each speaker around the room. Then an warble noise follows around the room and finally an result of your setup, showing the exact distance of each speaker from your ears, brilliant. The ports on the back of the amp are endless. Not sure if I will need the all but then again. Love the fact that the 2 sub woofer ports allow me to support 1 subwoofer in one port and using an splitter in the other,mi power another woofer plus an buttkicker which is attached to my seat ( google buttkicker). Works perfectly. The iPod support is fantastic. Charges my iPad quicker than anything I have tried before. The music playback is superb. The sound is outstanding. Could not believe what I was hearing. This really is another level in music playback. Had to stand between the speakers and close my eyes and listen for a while, just could not believe what I have been missing from soundtracks for so many years. Played an racing bike isle of man tt movie through the amp and the bikes sounded EXACTLY like when I am track side watching them. All that was missing was the smell of burning racing oil, fantastic and all this for under £300. Cannot wait for the new speakers to arrive, 2 more days to wait aggghhhh!!! . Do yourself a favour and click add to basket, then proceed to checkout and treat yourself to express 1 day delivery. You work hard for your money and this product is what you are working for. Go ahead treat yourself.
on 21 May 2014
My RX-V675 arrived early this morning and I spent a couple of hours setting it up.
I put my John Carter Blu-ray on and all I can say is the detail in the sound is breathtaking.
The speakers I am using are Samsung ones from an HT-BD1250 and they have never sounded so good.
I have also teamed it with a Yamaha YST-FSW100 Bass Subwoofer which provides a rock solid base on which the V675 builds a beautiful sound field.
Needless to say I am very happy with it...so far.
on 29 April 2014
ended up with the Onkyo 626.

The Yamaha sounded fantastic but after a week my first one just cut out whilst using hdmi3 at very low volume with a PS4.
It cut out again even with all inputs turned off and speakers disconnected. then it locked into protection mode.

Replacement unit lasted just 24 hours , identical problem, but this time hdmi blu ray input and this replacement was used on our second home cinema system so the only common factor was the AV amp....

my conclusion ?? I am baffled to be honest , I have trawled the net and only two other users have reported this problem out of the 1000s of units out there so I suspect a small faulty batch with probably a fault in the over-heat sensors or something similar , these units were certainly not thrashed , far from it and I know my AV so did nothing daft....
on 17 May 2014
Excellent sound.
I've enjoy so much watching a movies, dramas, music ......
I would recommend to a family and a friends.
on 25 November 2014
Great great great what can I say have me a upgrade and at cost price thank you
on 28 April 2014
This is awesome. Looks great, easy to setup. Perfect in everyway.
Been using Yamaha for 10years+ and they do not fail you. My last amplifier (amplifier only), looks and sounds brand new after 10+ years. I think this will be around for another 10 years.
If I could give more than 100% I would.

Delivery was super fast, 1 day quicker than stated. This equates to 33% faster.

All I can say is wow and a big thanks :)
on 11 February 2014
It simply did what it said easy simple and perfectly..
Well:
Nice sound
Easy set up
What more i want;;
on 8 May 2014
I have decided to withdraw the review of this product as I made a relevant statement about Amazon Prime as a number of people have mentioned the app here. My comments were censored and removed by Amazon which I didn't appreciate as they were not inflamatory, or untrue, they were just expressing my disappoinment with something. I don't like sites where the site moderators remove relevant opionions.
77 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse