Customer reviews

on 16 April 2016
Looks: simplistic and understated - I like it. With the matte black finish it pairs perfectly with high-end office peripherals e.g., like your all too expensive monitors. Versus the competition, it's a plus - not as hipster as Gigaworks or out-of-place like Logitech Z600.

Sound: now this is probably what most people care about. Let me cut straight into it - it's not as good as I expected. Coming from a Bose Companion 2 Series II like some other reviewers here, the sound appears a bit muffled and unclear upon first plugging into my computer. Bose is noted for their slightly heavier handling of the bass components, so I won't complain about that - but the main problem is how the lower frequencies appear muddy and fluffy whereas the mid/high frequencies don't sound as accurate (space-wise) as some of my other speakers/headphones.

I can only hope that this will improve over time as they go through the breaking-in period.
on 9 April 2017
These sound and look pretty good. I would say that they are not awesome (see my review for awesome, but considerably more expensive Audioengine A2+B Powered Desktop Speakers).

They kick out pretty good base for their size, but it can resonate/buzz a bit too much at certain frequencies.
on 10 July 2017
Bought these to boost the audio on an average PC Monitor.......what can I say, I am blown away buy the quality. These are PC speakers....don't confuse them with the 5/7 sound surround or Bose Soundbar you would get for a TV/Cinema set up (I have a Bose Soundbar for the TV which is amazing). That is something different but these speakers really do deliver in sound if you want to listen to Music on your PC. I can't comment on a gaming aspect as I don't do gaming but I do listen to Music/Videos/Movies and compared to the tinny speakers on the PC monitor you really can't compare the difference. I always think you get what you pay for and I love these speakers....I will definitely get my money worth from them.
on 8 August 2017
Slamming!! I'm a musician and need good pc speakers to learn tunes from - absolutely excellent and worth every penny.

They also have a very full sound considering there is no subwoofer - I wanted good pc speakers without the pain of a subwoofer taking up space.

They are loud enough to fill a medium sized room but as you'd expect, they don't go super duper loud but this isn't something I would need anyway.
on 24 April 2017
Clarity at last. They are amazing and no need for a separate bass. Your must hear them to believe, plug and play.
on 18 July 2017
These speakers dramatically increased the quality of the sound of the music I listen from my computer. You won't believe the sound they can produce, and the depth of the low frequencies and the sound stage. Definitely recommended for the price, super happy with the purchase. Bose doesn't let you down :)
on 29 March 2017
Bose quality as expected.
on 20 November 2014
the bass is amazing for their size, treble is out of this world so clear its sounds really nice, the mids are where it lacks, vocals sound great but if theres alot going on the vocals seem to get drowned out, for music they are perfect
on 2 February 2016
The quality is bog standard, like the cheap computer speakers I was using before, but louder. Very disappointed: I was expecting real clarity.
on 25 August 2017
I really recommend these they are crystal clear hear their pricey but they should last