Style Name: Rubber Grips|Change

on 8 February 2014
I'm going to give this 4.5 out of 5....

The Good

- Excellent size, can't stand those really small mice that look like a lead up to RSI
- Really easy to set up and the software, Microsoft's Mouse and Keyboard Center is really good
- Deliver within 12 hours of ordering it, great service
- The windows button on the side used to switch between open apps is a clever and useful addition
- Aesthetically it look s good and being Bluetooth it means I don't have to remove the receiver from my Surface every 5 mins

The not so good

- windows button is takes a little getting used to, as said before, it's quite sensitive - still good though
- when I first installed it lost connected for a split second now and again, but hasn't done it since - strange

All in all I'm extremely happy with the product and the service from Amazon
on 13 December 2013
I got this to replace my Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 and I'm very happy with it. It's slightly bigger than a mobile mouse ought to be perhaps but my hands are bigger than average so it fits comfortably very well and is well weighted. I was keen to retain the Forward and buttons and this mouse delivers and you get an extra operation in the blue strip that launches the Start Menu in Windows 7. No longer requires a nano BT receiver so this frees up a valuable USB slot on the laptop. If I had a criticism, it would be that the right & left click buttons are too loud and can be annoying during meetings.
on 6 May 2014
Comfortable mouse (but only for right handed people - beware it has a thumb grip only on one side) lots of gadgety things that are designed to work with Windows 8.

However, the dratted thing drops out all the time and needs to be switched off and on. Many tedious hours spent with Dell where they went through the equivalent of switching it off and on again the hard way - reinstalling drivers and so on.

It turns out that Windows 8.1 has done something to bluetooth mice, and worse it seems that Microsoft have not updated the drivers but are recommending re-installing them in compatibility mode.

Basically, all I wanted was to avoid using up a USB port and have ended up with grief instead.

Avoid until MS report that they have fixed bluetooth mouse driver issues
on 19 August 2014
Perfect, just perfect.

Not quiet sure why we never upgraded to these at the office any sooner! Works extremely well specially with Windows 8 as the Start button and its touch features are fantastic.
on 16 May 2015
Designed for Windows 8.1 this mouse fits nicely in the hand. Excellent quality and connects to your device's inbuilt Bluetooth or to a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle attached to your device (not supplied).

I use it with my Windows Tablet. The mouse works best with the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre software which you can download when you register the product. This allows you to customise the blue button and wheel. There are default values. The blue button will activate the windows key function, which will swap you between the Start Screen and the last app you opened. By swiping your finger up or down over the button you can activate two more actions. I have mine so that a down swipe opens the recent apps side bar and a swipe up opens the share dialogue. You can make it do other things. I have customised the middle click of the wheel to open the charms bar.

I paired it to my Windows 10 TP laptop and tried it with that. As this is an Alpha release copy most options are not yet coded. The software installed but Windows 10 doesn't have the charms bar or recent apps. I hope I can customise it to open the Task Manager View options. I tried with a macro but it would not work. Once Windows 10 is RTM I will see what options are available then.

But for now this is an excellent Windows 8.1 mouse and is designed by Microsoft to work with it's operating system and it does an excellent job. I highly recommend it.
on 2 February 2015
Quality Bluetooth mouse that works on most surfaces and feels good in the hand.
I was looking for a Bluetooth mouse that a) wouldn't break the bank b) would work on a variety of surfaces and c) had back/forward buttons for browsing the internet.
This mouse has a weighty feels to it, looks good and the materials feel like quality. It was a steal for £20. First requirement: check.
I have tested it on a damaged wooden desk, carpet, sleek wood, my mattress and it hasn't failed to work yet. I loose a little precision on the mattress as would be expected but works fine for normal use. Second requirement: check.
The last requirement was a little hit and miss. It has a five way wheel (scroll up/down, flick left/right and click) but there is no way to set the left/right flick to be forward/back in Chrome or any other browser which is what I had hoped for. Now, it does still have this ability, but you have to instead use the blue touch pad on the side. I set swipe up to be forward and swipe down to go back in my browsers and there is reassuring feedback in the form of a vibration. This is fine but I would just have preferred the scroll wheel to do it or dedicated buttons...but hey can't have it all exactly!
The customisation is pretty impressive nonetheless and I can do much more than anticipated with this mouse in both windows 8 and specific apps.
It is also VERY easy to change the batteries unlike 90% of bluetooth mouses. Scroll wheel is good quality and smooth. Turns on with the flick of the switch and was so easy to pair with my laptop and tablet I was shocked. I have also had zero problems with connectivity so far, so losing connection while in use and it connects and is usable within a split second of turning it on.
Overall, just a very pleasurable experience using this mouse!
on 8 July 2015
Due to arrive Saturday but delivered Wednesday.
This was bought to replace a Logitech M557 which turned out to be defective.
A nicely styled hunk of a mouse designed for right handed use only. So for about 10% of the population it's useless.
A clear user manual explains the installation and the use of the blue thumb button on the left side which I'm not going to get involved with - it performs as stated.

Bluetooth pairing was straightforward. On the under side there are 3 features:- an on/off switch, a pairing button and a movement sensor. Two AA alkaline batteries of the often advertised variety are provided.

The device behaves well with precise pointing accuracy.

The whole package is just what I was expecting.

Back again just to report that after a week of daily use of about 6 hours a day I'm totally at home with this device and can truly recommend it as an alternative to the USB variety.
on 21 February 2016
It's quite heavy with 2 AA batteries in it. Can be quite laggy. Bluetooth drops out sometimes, sometimes takes a while to pick up the mouse, I don't find it very comfortable in my hand. The scroll wheel can be pushed left or right, would think you could set it to go back/forward on web pages like you can with Logitech mouses but you can't. It is quite awkward with those buttons when you click the scroll wheel down cause you accidentally push it left/right. The blue windows thing on the right is touch sensitive so quite often when I grab the mouse my thumb accidentally swipe down on it causing web pages to go back.
on 17 May 2016
Nice little mouse (not THAT little but nice for me as I have slightly larger hands and like to have a bit of a grip). The special Windows button actually works to open new tabs on MAC. I have had no connectivity issues as detailed here by other users on MACBooks.

Always connects and is portable, doesn't get warm and does not use too much battery power!

Still, 4.2 stars because there are better BT mice out there, albeit at a much higher price (Logitech et al).
I bought this mouse to work with a Windows 8 notebook. It connected okay and the driver was installed. In the past I've been really impressed by Microsoft hardware and the is mouse works okay but there are two areas for development. Firstly, I agree with some other reviewers that the Bluetooth range could be better and, secondly, I find the the blue touch tab a bit vague.

In all other respects it is an accurate and sensitive mouse. However, at this price and being from the Microsoft stable you'd expect that little bit more polish. Not a bad product but not perfect either for the reasons I refer to above.