TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 February 2016
This still gets played with a lot and is in my son's Weapon Drawer, It makes great noises and lights up well, it has been pitted against many shields and light sabers, Ninja turtle staffs, among others and is still working great. It's robust and durable and the batteries have lasted ages.
on 22 January 2014
Arrived next day and grandson loved it. Bought quite a few max steel items as this was excellent. Worth the money.
on 26 December 2013
My two sons aged 4 and 7 love this sword. While it does appear rather expensive it has been a massive hit with my kids. The sword comes in two parts, the sword itself with lights up and has sound effect and the steel accessory which also lights up and has sound effects. The sword can be played with alone and steel part of the sword can be removed and worn by child just like in the programme, steel can be added to the sword for additional sound effects and lights.
on 11 February 2015
A very big sword (a little like something out of Final Fantasy) and good value for money (at least it was when we purchased it). This was the highlight of my 4 year old's Christmas and the one toy he played with more than any other on the day. Also comes with a talking 'Steel' who if you've seen the show combines with the sword to make a special 'Turbo Charged' weapon. The sword also lights up which is an added bonus.

A bit noisy for my tastes (hence docking it a star), and probably not the best sword for actual play combat as I'm worried that repeated blows may damage the electronics. That said, if my 4 year old was reviewing this it would definitely get 5 stars.
on 2 January 2014
Clip broke first time it was used. Not pleased with it but the sword worked ok.very disappointed with it.would not buy again
on 25 April 2015
There is no on and off button for the sound. You cannot move it without triggering the sound. Not great when kids are asleep and you want to tidy up the toys. My son was vey excited at first but hasn't played with it much since we got it. Good quality product.
on 19 April 2015
My 5 yr old son loves this! As does my 1.5 yr old!!
The bit that clips on is great but can get broken into bits, which you then have to rebuild quite easily. The rest of it is v solid and has survived many drops on our stone floor! Big too!
on 10 November 2015
Although not cheap to buy, this was one item desperately wished for by my grandson, for his 7th birthday. I often see him playing with it so I know it has a few interactive bits to it. Needless to say, he is still delighted with it.
on 15 November 2013
My 3 year old has been driving me mad so have bought it for Xmas he's gonna love it might b little on big side for him at the moment but will enjoy for hours beating his dad with it
on 25 December 2014
I bought this as a token gift for 9.99. Based on this it is a great value purchase. It is also huge the box was about a meter long! It was for a 7 year old boy he was thrilled.