Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 10 March 2014
I loved this book because it shows the maturity of the author. No cliff hangers, no contrived situations; simply good writing, an engaging plot which is eerily current, and characters that leap out of the pages. In a world filled by hastily written novels to secure one's paycheck, this is a welcome deviation. Now I must do some further reading as the author has whetted my appetite re Cyprus history. Ps: check out the images from Varosha AFTER you have read about it in the book. It will be more haunting and personal!
on 18 February 2014
I have enjoyed Mr. Adams books for quite a while and was disappointed when he seemed to be stopping his Daniel Knox series. I sent him an e-mail and he replied that he was going to write something new. Well he certainly did with this book. I really enjoyed this one. Lots of history and action. I hope this a forerunner for a new series. The troubles in Cyprus are not much talked about today, so it was an unusual setting, but so interesting. I was a teenager when they kicked off and I remember it vividly. I hope we might hear more of Iain Black in the future.
Will Adams writing is always so well thought out and keeps you captivated.
I recommend this book.
on 3 February 2014
As with previous books by this author another exciting story.
However I am a little confused as to who Aletta Neuhuis was as mentioned in the synopsis as clearly the heroine is Karin Visser.
But this didn't detract from the great storyline. Looking forward to further tales about Iain Black.
on 21 February 2014
I have read all of Will Adams Daniel Knox series and enjoyed everyone.
This is a departure from that series with a new character Iain Black. I'm still reading this but all I can say is it's well written, well researched and a thoroughly entertaining read.
on 10 June 2014
This is the third novel I've read by this author and I agree with the reviewers who say he gets better with each book. Adams has written a page-turner with a literary touch beyond what one normally expects from the genre. In "City of the Lost" he brings to his detailed knowledge of mythology and archeology a fascinating and credible theory about classical chronology and the fate of Dido, first Queen of Carthage. Add to this a very topical backdrop of political events in Turkey and Cyprus, characters with a humanity to match their heroic deeds, and you have a tale of adventure well worth the purchase price.
on 1 June 2014
I have read all of his books and have enjoyed them all. This one not so much . I feel this book is not up to the standards of his earlier works . It seems to feel disjointed and is not as exciting as his other work . It certainly did not hold my attention . I could easily put this book down and come to it later .
on 13 February 2015
Having read every previous Will Adams novel I looked forward to this one. What a let down compared to his previous writings. This book was so complex in its historic and current storyline between Turkey and Cyprus I struggled to stay with it to the finish but did. I haven't enjoyed it!
on 25 January 2016
I have read all of his books and have enjoyed them all. This one not so much .not . It seems to feel disjointed and is not as exciting as his other work . I found the story difficult to follow as it jumps backwards and forwards. I enjoyed the story but not as much as earlier ones
on 25 April 2015
A superb piece of writing, it gripped me from the first page to the last! The action was filling every page with twists and turns, but I hope there will be a follow up because I feel I need to know what happens next.
on 11 June 2015
Great read as always. Book in great condition