Customer reviews

Hed Kandi Beach House
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 August 2017
Completely stunning.
One of the best artwork since years
Three good mixes on the way to pool parties.
That's what Hed Kandi knows how to do better
on 28 July 2017
house lovers
on 11 July 2013
Firstly, like many I have been most disappointed by HK's recent obsession with beat-mixing its CD compilations. Being a professional DJ I like the full versions of each track, and despite last year's promise of the full, individual tracks if one purchased the download version, HKBH 2012 was a total botch-job! Luckily this year's download affair does feature the full-length versions, so don't be fooled into thinking that Beach House is a waste of effort just yet!

Most impressively, this well-established series seems to have found its way again, after being a complete disappointment to me for the past few years. 2010's affair was a little uninspiring, 2011's might as well have been called 'Disco Heaven' and 2012's was an ill-conceived mixture of tracks, most of which I felt would have clearly been better suited to other HK compilations such as 'Serve Chilled' or 'Nu-Disco'. With 2013's instalment we see a return to the sun-kissed grooves of old, with each track flowing nicely from one to the next. This year's tracks feel well-selected - you actually feel as though you're being taken on a summer journey, from the poolside to the bar; from the bar to beach; from the beach to the terrace; and from the terrace to the throng of after-sunset dancefloors. The riffs, synths and strings so synonymous with Beach House for all those years reappear, and the leaning towards too much electro and gospel/disco house takes a welcome back seat. Sure, there are still tracks here I feel would have been better replaced with something more appropriate, but overall it's good to feel the 'Beach House vibe' again after such a long and disappointing hiatus. I took my copy on holiday with me and it was a superb companion for the hire car, the poolside and the beach!
on 1 August 2013
Every year around this time, I`m looking very much forward to my favourite release of all compilations - The Hed Kandi Beach House. I discovered Beach House for the first time, in a gym in Oslo, Norway, back in 2002, and after that I have total fall in love with this compilation. I have all the Beach House cd`s, but there is still one I compere all the other too, and that's Beach House 04.02 that came out in april 2002. For my personal opinion the best ever made. 2 disc where you really don`t wanna skip a single track.
And like others also have mentioned, the last few years with Beach House have been a little up and down in the quality of the tracks. But I still have very high expetions every year to get my hand on the new Beach House. And I must say, they a back with an AMAZING cd1 packed with soulful sundrenched summer tracks. It start with a super great track from Kings Of Tomorrow - Fall For You. and then it just keep that groovy and soulful vibe through the hole cd. Another fantastic track on cd 1 is Carl Hanaghan - Mojito`s and Sunshine, amazing. Perfect for the beach or an open drive (.

Where cd 1 is 5 star, I will actually only rate cd 2 with 3 stars. It starts of very well with 2 solid tracks, More For The Less with Mario Basanov and Love Wanted with Lonely Boy, but then it`s a little bit up and down. In between there is some great tracks with Dimi Stuff - I`ll Be Good, NuSoul with Nobody and Reasons feat. Patrick Baker - Night Drive in Moscow

About cd3 I think there is only one good track, and it's the first one, So Good To Me with Chris Malinchak, a really great track, that has been on the top 20 charts for a while. For my opinion, I think 3 cd`s is one too much in these compilations, like a bonus noboby really wants, because it`s filled up with tracks you not gonna listen to anyway. So please just make 2 solid cd`s, and you`ll have the best summer compilations of soulful summer grooves.

And I little thing about the mixed tracks.. I really really love the good old Beach House with un-mixed tracks. But I`m actually also like the mixed cd`s for parties and where it`s playing in the background. I think the music float a little more, instead of the un-mixed track with the very long intro with just the bass sound, and then again when it fades out.

So if you are in for a great summer with soulful deep house music with a latin twist, this is the one for you.

Also let me recommend for the hot summer nights, Nude Tempo, mixed by Miguel Migs, amazing deep house. There was something about the year 2002 and house music (.
And for the chillout, Samantha James - Rise. Amazing vocal and great sound.

I hope you all will have a great summer with a lot of sun and great house music, see you around, maybe on the White Isle
on 2 July 2013
I have not purchased many He'd Kandi albums of late as I am a big Defected label fan, but this album has proved to be a great buy! Kandi back to its best and the cool tracks on offer are full of disco, soul and funky house at its summer time best! Recently played this all afternoon to a packed house over a BBQ and the place was rocking! Just like a pre club bar in Ibiza, a must have this year!
on 21 October 2013
Love it, cd 1 and 3 are banging, good mi of house tracks that i love to play in the background and good olf hedkandi belearic style

dont like cd 2 though, personal opinion.. mint!
on 3 September 2013
music's a taste thing and i'm not an angry DJ like the rest of the reviewers, so all i can offer is my humble opinion as a casual listener, which is that this departs a bit from the other hedkandi beach house albums and gets very samey, repetitive and clubby with more staccato synth sounds rather than some of the more sweeping feel with real instruments that the others had. If you liked 2006/2008, you might not like this one.
This cd is mixed.
I don't know what Had Kandi has with mixed cd's.
WE WANT THE FULL SONGS !!!
on 2 July 2013
The day Hed Kandi went in for mixing CDs was the day I stopped wanting to even listen to their product... It had a great concept and what was that about something not broken??.. So disappointing - I have every beach house CD until the mixing began... If you want mixing go to a club where it matters!
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2013
That's a great compilation of the best summer soulful tracks . Absolutely satisfied. Hed Kandi one love!) does anyone don't like it? I think nobody