on 16 February 2014
I'm always listening out for new music and this female fronted troupe is a double-barrel blast of intrigue and joy.
I first heard single: She Will on the BBCs 6 Music and at the time had no idea who I was listening to, but digging around here on Amazon some months later yielded up this their début record.
I don't think there are enough women in music, so it is particularly satisfying to find that this band has an all female line up, who are themselves fans of the kind of spiky music they themselves have given us here, some of the influences certainly appeal to me and the ones that I don't know about all conspire to work in this recordings overall favour.
I certainly believe this collective have oodles of potential and this new fan looks forward to whatever these ladies come up with next.
So if you like some sharp spiky heartfelt melancholic music, my favourite kind, I would recommend acquiring. I wonder if Siouxsie Sioux is a fan....

Update. It is now early April and this CD has not been out of my portable player, the songs have grown and grown I just adore the vocalist and I wish I could get to see them live.
on 18 November 2017
.A good surprise, this band. They will not reinvent rock&roll, but there is here a mix of simplicity and strength, that grabs you. The production is quite basic, but for this type of music, I prefer that. And it is impossible to hear "She will", without having a shiver in your spine. Looking forward to check them live. Should be quite a gig.
on 17 May 2013
I rate this band very highly, these are a group of musicians who take their craft seriously, just check out their live gig`s on U-Tube , these are skilled musicians and performers, and this is a fantastic almbum, I love it.
If you thing " The Smiths" or "Jefferson Airplane with Grace Slick" ,bands who have something too say, it may give you a hint. Do`nt compare them too anyone though, they are unique.......Buy the album and see foryourself...it`s great I love it !
on 31 October 2017
Good quality and great album, would recommend.
on 24 March 2017
Superb
One person found this helpful
on 27 August 2013
What a debut! Raw, powerful, lyrically sharp and sonically gripping, this is an album you cannot ignore. The guitar work in particular stands out and wouldn't be a miss on a Sonic Youth record - both intricate and growling at once. The best rock record for years.
And if you get chance, go see them live, it really is something to behold.
on 9 May 2016
Fast delivery and item well packaged. Superb CD with Husbands and She Will being brilliant tracks.
on 22 June 2013
Track 1 fantastic. Tracks 2 and 3 also great. Good sci-fi guitar work. Very stylish and a skilled mess. Rest of the album ok but with highs and lows. The vocals are the most interesting I have heard in a long time. Ignore the similarities and open your mind. I hope they gain great success and keep the attitude that's missing from many new bands these days. Very cool band. No category but full of 'punk'.
on 21 September 2017
Bass+Drums as tight as Sly+Robby. Guitar in your face, the way you want it. Lyrics straight LOVE/HATE from experience. Vocals liquid crystals.
on 23 August 2013
Best debut in years- contagious post-punk done the way it should be: Strong-punchy vocals, prominent bass, fierce guitar and clear tight drums. Whilst Savages can be seen as taking a nod to the post-punk pioneers of Gang of four and Joy Division etc. they bring it into the 21st century and make their own sound. I would definitely recommend anyone seeing these live if you haven't already, Jehnny Beth (the lead vocalist) had the audience in the palm of her hand when I went to see them!