on 6 September 2014
Bought to use with a PC, as a replacement for an XBOX 360 controller. Vastly superior to that; analog sticks have more clearly
delineated movement, buttons have better resistance allowing more graduated movement. Wireless works fine as well, and an extension cable for the wireless adapter is included in case of problems with the signal if plugged directly into the back of the PC.

Installation is reasonably straightforward as long as you're aware that the device has a two modes (an XBOX imitation mode, and a proper Logitech mode), controlled by a switch on the device, and when you install the device it will recognise it only as the type of device for its current mode. In other words, if you install the Logitech software but have the device in the recommended X-mode, it will not recognise the device. This is intentional behaviour, but not documented in anything that comes with the device and catches out a lot of people judging from online forums, so worth noting.

One star is removed for what is surely the worst blister packaging I have ever encountered. Normally I would say packaging is a one-off experience and not worth a star, but I literally had to use bolt cutters to get into this thing, and that is beyond acceptable as far as I'm concerned.
on 26 January 2017
Bought to use with a PC, I was also thinking of getting the XBOX 360 or the steam controller but I settled for this as Logitech is well known for gaming peripherals. The steam controller looks uncomfortable, and this is almost identical to the Xbox 360 and by the time I bought the wireless receiver and the controller itself I may as well have just bought this. So I did.

Installation is reasonably straightforward as long as you're aware that the device has a two modes an XBOX imitation mode, which is just plug and play, it works for all the games I have tried e.g. Just cause 1,2 and 3, GTA 5 and all the batman arkham games. It also had a proper Logitech mode controlled by a switch on the device(you can get this to be fully customizable ), and when you install the device it will recognise it only as the type of device for its current mode. In other words, if you install the Logitech software but have the device in the recommended X-mode, it will not recognise the device.

One star is removed due to the connection problems I have encountered. Normally I would let it pass,but it disconnecting every 30 seconds for about 1 second. This gets fixed a bit by plugging it in to the front of you computer but it still often disconnects.It you are thinking of buying this to sit on the couch do not buy it. The range is very small!
on 10 June 2017
This device has absolutely no redeeming qualities when compared to the official Xbox 360 controller. I only recently unpacked it, so a return is out of the question, wasted 30 quid on a useless piece of plastic. Logitech cheaped out on the receiver, controls and feedback are sluggish making titles such as Street Fighter and GTA V absolutely unplayable. Using the best Duracell batteries and optimal receiver placing (with the extender, away from any interference such as the PC case and TV itself) it is still an appalling performer. Rechargeable batteries make not difference either. Controls are late to activate and feedback is out of order, no to mention the manual software hacks required for it to run in Xinput mode on Windows 10. I have a feeling that if the receiver was a least a bit bigger and more powerful this may actually have been a half decent controller. Avoid. Buy the X360 / Xone controller instead.
on 10 April 2017
Great Gamepad by Logitech, the wireless system by Logitech is always spot on, I use Logitech keyboard mouse and now Gamepad all the one USB connection which is cool. Comes with a lengthy cable for those with rear only USB's, the gamepad itself has a nice weight to it and all the buttons, mode keys, LT, RT switches are quite tight so for the smaller hand that could be a little bit of a struggle, for the adult its great!!!
Great price for a quality product!!!
on 29 March 2014
By far the best controller I have ever had for my PC. the stupid position of the dpad on the 360 left me with chronic thumb-ache for 6 months after I stopped using it. This pad is perfect - it feels solid, works perfectly. No probs with the wireless - I've got the dongle on a hub at the front of my desk. Not sure what the previous reviewer was on about when he said the buttons felt cheap. Believe me, I have used plenty of cheap-a** controllers, and this does not feel like one of them. A serious winner :)

A couple of months down the line, and I've had to re-install Windows. My computer only recognises it as a rumblepad, and none of the 'fixes' posted by Logitech works. Why they don't just get their IT department to write some dedicated drivers is beyond me. It would save endless hours of unproductive phone calls.
on 7 April 2017
Bought it on october now it is april and not very happy at all because i didn't use this a lot as i got another controller but used this when i played with my friends so it is probably like 10-15 times. Now R1 & Y buttons are not working properly. Wouldn't recommend you to waste your money on this.
on 10 April 2017
Prob the best gamepad i've ever had. Had a few interference with my logitech keyboard and mouse but moving them to the back of the desktop and plugging the gamepad into the front of the case solver it.

It might take a couple of days for your fingers to get adjusted to it, but the whole feeling in the end is great!
on 15 April 2017
Ticks all the boxes. Way better than the Xbox controller that I had which broke with few times of use.
on 28 April 2017