on 31 August 2013
Firstly, I totally loved this, loved loved loved it. I read On Dublin Street by Samantha at the start of the year (fell in love with that too) and as soon as this popped up in my "recommended for you" on Amazon I downloaded it straight away, not even hesitating as I knew already I was going to like it. Like On Dublin Street I've re-read it already. What I would say, is if you haven't read On Dublin Street, read it first before reading Until Fountain Bridge. You don't have to, but I am really glad I read them in this order and you will see why too.

This novella follows the story of Adam and Ellie, two of the characters who featured in On Dublin Street. Ellie is Braden's sister and Adam is Braden's lifelong best friend. This is one of the things I really liked about the book as it give you an insight into their relationship, as it is only slightly touched on in On Dublin Street.

After a health scare, Adam finally got himself together and made his relationship with Ellie official. The story sees both characters reminisce about their entire relationship aided by Ellie's musings in her diaries, kept since childhood. I really loved this idea as it focused in on turning points throughout their relationship. I also really loved how each diary excerpt began as though written by Ellie but then turned into 3rd person narrative from Ellie's point of view of the event.

I also enjoyed hearing what Adam had to say after reading each of Ellie's entries as it gave an insight to how he felt at the time too, and what he was going through at the same time she was. I loved that this was included as I've read a few books recently wishing that you could see the story from another character's perspective.

Although I can't directly relate with Ellie and Adam's situation I could relate to the teenage crushes and angst Ellie clearly felt when she was younger and first started to realise that she was in love with Adam. I love how Samantha portrayed each event when Ellie was young as if it was a massive tragedy which is so true to how a young teenager would react!

I also loved how you got to see how both Adam and Ellie grew up and how their relationship changed over that period of time. One of the other things which I really liked was how I could relate certain parts of the story to how they were told in On Dublin Street and how I was able to think back to reading On Dublin Street and fit Adam and Ellie's story in now that the characters were more defined through Until Fountain Bridge. I really wasn't sure that I liked Adam in On Dublin Street but I am totally in love with him now, possibly even more than Braden!

I can't praise this highly enough as I really loved how it was written and how it easy it is to see the two parts of the series together as a whole.

I would definitely recommend Down London Road after reading these two, which features Jo from Club 39.

Erin x
on 27 August 2015
It's been a while since I've read any Samantha Young and I'm way behind in this series ( I trying to catch up )
I had forgotten just how much I love Sam's writing and the characters she creates. I loved seeing Ellie and Adam's relationship through the thoughts of Ellie in her diaries and how long and deeply she loved him long before he realised. Beautiful novella - on to the next instalment
on 23 June 2013
Really something missing in this one...and I'm not sure what it is. I was highly impressed with Samantha's first book in this series, On Dublin Street,...her 2nd, Down London Road, not so much, and this one even less so. I'm not sure if it was the style of writing or the setting...looking through boxes of diaries...that didn't work, but something definitely missed the mark, I'm sorry to say. I just didn't believe in the characters or their relationship. There was no spark and Ellie, who I liked in the 1st book, lost some of her depth, when it should have been that she gained some, as it was essentially about her? I don't want this to put off this talented young writer, who proved without a doubt with On Dublin Street, that she has what it takes to be a fab contemporary romance writer. I don't know what magic formula she used for On Dublin Street, but she needs to revert back to it. Perhaps it would have been better left alone as one book, and a completely new story and set of characters would be a better idea?...sometimes a series doesn't always work, as it can end up feeling strung out for the sake of it, and I think this has unfortunately happened here.
on 14 June 2015
Like so many other readers I love the ODS series and although we got a little glimpse of Ellie's and Adam's romance it was good to read the full story in this novella. Using Ellie's diaries as a background to the story was a clever touch.

Have just read Hero, Samantha's new stand alone novel, which was great, full of the author's usual emotion and uniqueness, but can't wait to catch up with the ODS gang again soon.
on 21 June 2013
I don't know how Samantha young does it she takes a simple idea telling how two people met and makes it unforgettable, absolutely loved the characters in London road and its really nice to get the background story to Ellie and Adam and the small snippets relating to Joss and how its all intertwined. I was laughing, crying but so in love read this touching story made it seem so real. Made the emotions if the notebook pale on comparison. Beautiful and moving so loaded they got their happy ever after.
on 18 October 2013
I was expecting this to be about Ellie and Adam getting together at last but it is about her journals and how she felt during the years prior to their romance. My mistake in not reading the product description properly.
on 23 June 2013
I really liked reading Ellie's and Adam's story. It was short but then it's a novella and its described as such! I love Samantha's style of writing. Once again I was hooked from the start. I think this was different in that you knew the outcome and the fact that Ellie had had a brain tumour but thankfully this book was more about their relationship rather than what had already been described in the other books. If you love Samantha Young's writing you'll love this!!
on 25 January 2014
"I want every piece of you. Even the stuff I missed without even knowing I was missing it..."

I finally got a chance to read Until Fountain Bridge after having it sit on my kindle for so long. And it was perfect for Ellie and Adam, we had pretty much read about their relationship during On Dublin Street so I think a full book on their own may have been too much and they would have had to endure some unnecessary angst therefore, a novella with flashbacks to some of their key moments was ideal.

I liked the way in which the story was structured; Ellie and Adam were packing up and came across some of Ellie's old diaries, it was through them the trip to memory lane began. It was clear Ellie always had feelings for Adam, even when she was an awkward teen and Adam was a cool uni student. Adam's feelings were a little harder to decipher and the age gap was worse on his end, pair that with Ellie being the sister of Adam's best friend and it made a recipe for disaster.

I loved the build up of their relationship and the intimate moments they shared, only for Adam to push Ellie away again. I was frustrated at times so I can only imagine how poor Ellie felt. The game of cat and mouse came to a head when Ellie was rushed to hospital (this was covered in ODS) I teared up in this book just as much as I did when I read it through Joss' POV. But it was the catalyst Adam needed to man up and be by Ellie's side.

This was a great addition to the series, I was always fond of Ellie but I think this novella made me fall a little bit more for Adam too. As always, Samantha Young's writing is great. There is so much detail in a small amount of pages. And also the story was kept very real, Ellie and Adam and their reactions were real, it wasn't all hearts and flowers just like real life too.

Until Fountain Bridge is best read after On Dublin Street but can be read after any of the others in the series too as it is a great companion story to make us love Ellie and Adam that little bit more. ~Ava
on 30 December 2013
I loved the way this was written. It would have been hard to tell Ellie and Adam;s story any other way, as those who've read the Dublin Street and London Road books would have been bored. To tell it in retrospect through diary entries was a breath of fresh air and made me really feel part of their lives.
on 8 August 2013
This short story was very good. Following Ellie and Adams story. Ellie had been in love with adam her brothers best friend since she can remember. This story follows Ellie's journals of her side of their courtship over the years and Adam gets to see how much Ellie loved and hurt over that time.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of Samantha Youngs books in the Dublin street saga and look forward to the next one!