on 23 September 2013
Like many old school front end developers I had initially dismissed the idea of using CSS pre-processors as being just to much effort and work to learn. In truth though I found the Sass language terse and difficult to follow and gave up trying.

That was until I bought this book. It was like a flash of light going off in my brain. Suddenly I could understand and relate to the language. Ben presents each chapter in a succinct way that you can get your teeth into Sass without you ending up with a sore head. And only then does He give you more in depth stuff to read about.

All I can really say is if you haven't tried Sass perhaps for the same reason(s) then buy this book and find yourself loving it
on 3 October 2014
This book is so easy to follow, very concise, and highly recommended. I implore all designers who are unsure of whether to take the step to learn Sass to go for it. You won't be disappointed. Sass will literally cut hours off your CSS coding. Variables and mixins are the way forward!
on 3 October 2013
Very easy to understand book and a good intro to Sass/Compass and the command line. I did need to look up a few extra command line bits as I'd never used it before, but its a good stepping stone to get you started. Before you buy, understand that it is printed in greyscale so in some instances having the e-book could be better because I think that is in colour and it would make more sense when the author refers to colour sass combos in screenshots.

Only halfway through reading it - but so far so good. Looking forward to the responsive grid aspects!

Really pleased I brought it.
on 17 June 2013
Having put off Sass for a while I decided this was the book that would get me started, judging from how much I learned from the authors previous book. The author's relaxed and friendly writing style leads to an enjoyable reading experience rather than the chore that other books can be to get through. This book guides you through Sass and Compass from start to finish, and allows you to go as deep as you want into the language. Even if you just use one or two aspects from the book such as variables and colours you'll save a bunch of time when front end developing. This book is great for both learning and for future reference.
on 31 January 2014
My background is that I knew HTML and CSS, but had never heard of SASS, Ruby or the like before I started reading this book. One of the best computer books I've read. We're a computer training company, and I recognise a kindred spirit - the author explains everything clearly and without assumptions. Thoroughly recommended (I'm on page 49 so far).
on 7 April 2014
if you know the difference between html & CSS and want to take your site production to the next level then this book is perfect. The tutorials are clear to follow and the book really highlights the benefits of using a pre-processing system, like SASS. Highly recommended.
on 2 July 2013
I have always found it a bit of a pain not being able to apply DRY principles and the like to CSS so when I found out about SASS and Compass I was pretty excited. The book is exactly what I have been looking for, Ben writes the book in a fresh and easy manner which makes it easy to take in quickly and he also includes clear instructions on how to setup Ruby which is great.
on 27 May 2013
Like many I wondered if writing in Sass was worthwhile when I can already write perfectly good CSS. This book answered that question perfectly and I'm looking forward to using Sass in the future.
on 25 June 2015
CSS was always a bit of a chore for me. Not now, this book has helped me cut my dev time. Like many I was initially put off taking a step towards SASS, this book made learning it fun.
on 9 December 2013
I make websites for a living. This book opened eyes to the full power of SASS. It's changed the way I work. Highly recommended.