Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

Before Midnight [DVD] [2013]
Format: DVD|Change

on 20 September 2017
The first two movies in this trilogy, Before Sunrise & Before Sunset, were about relationship connection and flow for me. Highly recommended five star offerings in my view. Before Midnight moves into the territory of relationship disconnection and stuckness for me. The Greek characters appearing in the first 45 minutes of this film subtract, rather than add to the story. From 45 minutes onwards Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Céline (Julie Delpy) are finally alone, but their interactions quickly degenerate into arguments and bickering. Yes, this may be 'typical' long term couple territory, but it's an uneasy watch at times and downright depressing at others. The movie still photo gives you an idea of what is in store with this relationship! My advice is: stick with Before Sunrise & Before Sunset; and leave Before Midnight well alone.
review image
on 21 May 2017
Love this films that's why I bought all three 🙂🙂🙂
on 13 October 2017
Watchable
on 31 May 2015
Great stuff!
on 18 July 2016
For several reason I liked that film a bit less then the two earlier ones. But to say something positive and there is still much to like here - some sentences of this movie still stick in my head. - one of them is, when he is saying at the end of the movie, that things are not ideal often but that he does his best to make things working. I like that. Often people think love is a ready made recipe, which you just take. But the truth seems, that love is an endless effort of growing, maturing, listening, thinking, trying better, understanding each other etc. Therefore maybe the cutest couples are those who succeeded that way, and found some deep love with old age coupled with wisdom and forgiveness. But that is just a thought. And everyone who is trying, that is great anyway - we are just always on the point of knowledge where we are at a given moment in time. Some beliefs really change with time, others do not, and where we will be with out knowing in the future, we never know.
on 1 September 2017
satisfied
on 16 March 2017
Great sequel to this love story - excellent service
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 March 2017
Been following this long term film series if that's the right term. First two I found interesting and believable, with this one I found it lacked variety in the scenes - first part too long in the car. Picked up later when they were having dinner. Covers really a mid life point for both mainly arguments and missed dreams come into the story. Expected something a bit different too much emphasis on verbal fighting lacks key romance moments.
If there is a next one hope it's far more structured better script. Found it a bit dull
on 4 August 2017
Boring, boring, boring - too many long dialogues about nothing
on 30 May 2017
Wow! I was ready to be disappointed by the (so far) last film of this remarkable trilogy. I didn't think that these character could become any more interesting or real. There is a tendency in books or films that run into a series to become weaker, less inventive and more forced as the move along. None of the three well directed, marvellously acted, have suffered in this way which is even more amazing because all three films rely almost totally on characterisation and chemistry. Yes, there's a narrative. A sort of fairly simply one but with no recourse to gratuitous sex, violence of any sort, or special effects to keep out interest. Instead Linklater, Delpy and Hawke have just managed to tell a beautiful but honest story of people and their lives over nearly six hours of viewing and 20 years of story. This film brings us up to date and as I say I was worried it might have been a film too far but this is as good as the other two and would work as a stand alone story but works so very well as a continuation after we've got to know this couple in the previous films. I don't want to give away any of the narrative regarding where the characters start the film or end it you just need to watch it.