Format: DVD|Change

on 2 June 2013
OK, yes I haven't seen this since it's not released yet. Nevertheless, assuming the details in the product listing are correct, I'm excited to see PDI media back producing the Man Utd Season Review DVD, their work was excellent for so many years until the club for some inexplicable reason changed to American company Bombo who completely and utterly ruined the dvd of the 2010/11 season. No matter what happens now, that record breaking season is gone forever with no watchable memories and Bombo will never be able to make good on this as the club, despite being inundated with complaints, is unwilling to re-do it. Apparently they did improve with the 2011/12 dvd but I was so put off I didn't buy it and frankly would've stopped buying them altogether if this change hadn't happened. I'm expecting a return now to the excellent quality we'd come to expect with the club's annual review and I hope PDI will not disappoint.

(updated 27/6/2013) After watching the DVD a few times, I agree with other reviewers. It's generally excellent but for me the main purpose of the Season Review DVD is to relive the memories of games you watched throughout the season. This is only possible when the original commentary is used, which is the case in most games but not all. It does feel a bit rushed in terms of our exit from the cups and focussing on the league. I would've liked to see some more highlights in games like Real Madrid and Chelsea (FA Cup). Also, I don't know if it's just my dvd but there are a few games where the audio seems slightly off from the video. Overall though, a fantastic memento of Ferguson's last season and one I wholeheartedly recommend to all Man Utd fans. Would love to see a Blu Ray HD version of Season Reviews going forward.
55 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2013
As a lot of people know by now, PDI Media were back to make this years Manchester United Season Review DVD.

I have every Season Review DVD since 02/03 (and have the 1998/1999 season of course!) along with many other Manchester United DVD's like the Road to Moscow. I'd never really thought about the quality of how they were made, until Bombo made an unwatchable Season Review in 10/11. Whilst they did a good job of 11/12 and 'Wayne Rooney: Goal Machine', It's fair to say I, like many other United fans, was very relieved to see PDI Media had returned.

I'm happy with this years DVD, it's what can be expected really.

The review itself is just over 2 hours long (a little bit shorter than I wanted personally), but has some nice extra's in Van Persie's 30 goals and the title celebrations (18 minutes long for the latter).

You could really see they were emphasizing the fact that we had won the league and they almost rushed the fa cup exit and made no fuss of it. It almost felt like this season review was based solely on the league, which is an unfamiliar feeling. It doesn't take away from the DVD too much at all, and I am very happy with it. Looking forward to next season!
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2013
The review is once again back in an acceptable format following last seasons return to normality. Goals are all there and shown properly with replays.

However a minor gripe remains from last season in that footage of fa cup games uses some random commentary which is not that from espn or itv as broadcast. This is also the case with league games that were on espn (reading 4-3 springs to mind and champions league games that were on itv. It can't be that much more expensive to sort this out.

Whilst we exited the cup and CL early it isn't a huge issue but say we'd won the cup or gone further in Europe you'd want the associated broadcast footage. From next season BT replace ESPN and have a pick of much better games which should be reproduced properly and not on the cheap.

Get it sorted and how about getting some of the major season reviews past on DVD? 92/3, 93/4, 95/6. Plenty would buy them as they would a reworked 2010/1 version to replace the bombo mess.
55 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2016
Whats not to love about this DVD? I still watch it to this day. It brings back great memories.
If you're like me you are a hardcore Manchester United fan, and want to remember this historic season in future years, then this is the DVD for you. I remember the Season review DVD for our record 19 premier league tropies. The commentary was poor the camera angles were a bit off during the goals. Well I can say this DVD is a big improvement. Commentary is from known UK sport channels like Sky sports, ITV etc. Throughout the season there are good/short interviews with key personnel like SAF, RVP and Carrick, and the voiceover on the DVD is good, it is more than just watching goals from every game in the season.

Writing this review makes me want to watch it again to reminisce the good old times.
on 27 July 2013
With this being fergies last season I thought this would have a little extra at the end of it - maybe a tribute to all his years at all Trafford but there was nothing, knowing Man United - there will be another dvd that you have to fork out for as they don't do much for free! For me not as good as previous seasons but good enough.
on 27 August 2013
I haven't bought the last few seasons' reviews but this was Fergie's farewell and league trophy number 20 so I had to buy it. I liked the players' interviews and it was right to concentrate on RVP. What an exceptional season he had. Every goal is shown and Sir Alex's speech after the last game at Old Trafford was quite emotional. The only downside was poor sound quality in a couple of places.
on 18 January 2016
What can I say, supported them since I can't remember when, I needed to see the football I now miss under the last two managers! I love exciting football and now that is sadly missing, once with a team you're with them for life so while i'll continue supporting, I yearn for the days past gone.
on 1 August 2013
The chapter selection of the DVD is clear and easy to control. You can assess to your chosen matches without difficulty. The picture quality is better than my expectation considering this item is DVD.
on 24 July 2013
Great video. Don't usually buy these cus they're put together by idiots, but this one is excellent with all the goals and a sprinkling of near misses as well. There's no messing around with stupid musical interludes, no cartoon gimmicky graphics, no stupid camera angles; there's not even really that much terrible commentary on it.

On the down side there's no coverage of the parade through the town. They should have given that a good 5 minutes of scaffolding reds.

About time they got their act together and they have.
on 22 June 2013
I ordered this using Amazons own delivery service and it came within 2 days. Fabulous service yet again.

Anywho on the the good stuff, this is a definate buy for any united fan. Sir Alex's last season in charge and it was a good one, yes the cup competitions didn't go to plan and the champions league game against real was a joke. But the league stood out, early wins at anfield, Stamford bridge and the Emptyhad its all on here ( who dosent like seeing city fans crying )

A season all about fergie and RVP and all his goals can be found in the extras. Along with 18 minutes extra of title celebrations.

Only slight disappointment is I couldn't find a blu-ray copy but oh well a bit of DVD upscaling will suffice.