on 16 July 2013
The juicer is sturdy - the variable 5 speed 1500W motor deals with anything, body is built of metal and looks to last. I did all my juicing for the day today in less than 3 minutes this morning (if you ignore the time to wash and prepare the veg/fruit). It was an ease to strip down and wash but on a recommendation I read somewhere to use freezer bags to line the pulp catcher...pull bag out at the end of juicing and throw in the bin - one less item to clean.

It juices everything with the exception of fruits with stones in and any fruit veg where you don't want to eat the peel. (ie mango, swede). I threw in 3 oranges (unpeeled and whole) as a test and it chewed them no problems...but next time I will peel them as it was quite bitter.

The next reason why I bought the Pro was it also has a soft fruit/smoothie grater which gives you the best of all worlds in one device. It looks huge on the pictures but its not much bigger than a decent size 4 toaster machine.

I'm not a promoter of the product just a normal user. I love it, would buy another tomorrow if I needed it.
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
I did a fair amount of research before buying. This one looked good from an engineering point of view, even went to a few stores to check the actual units. There were a few negative reviews but I decided to proceed with the purchase.

One of the better decision I have made. For my required use this unit is fantastic! Its quite expensive but if it lasts and it is good technology then I would consider it worth the price.

However I did want to answer some of the negative reviews for the benefit of others who might be considering purchasing. Everyone is entitled to their views of course but so am I!

First I am mostly a fruit person ( I mean that literally... no puns please! ), I intend to move to vegetables as well but I bought for fruit so my comments, at the moment, relate to this.

Rule number one for anything that contains raw fruit pith and bits. Wash up before you drink.... if you remove the bits immediately this unit will very likely last for a long time, if not you will constantly be trying to remove glued on bits of fruit... a long and thankless task even for a dishwasher. Also something very nice about sitting down to a drink with no cleaning up to do afterwards!

Use the included brush to clean the cutting and filtering metal gauze. It is imperative you clean this straight away otherwise efficiency will deteriorate very quickly.

Rinse everything first in cold water then wash in warm soapy water then rinse again in cold. As a result no dishwasher needed.... whatever they say dishwashers ruin the plastic bits. I have had several food processors that are testament to this.

If you don't like the bits in fruit juice, leave it in a glass or china jug in the fridge for a while and it will separate! (Not rocket science) I personally love the bits, makes me feel like I am really drinking a fruit juice!

Before taking the jug from the machine take off the lid and turn the little rubber spout to point upwards.... no drips or limited drips.

Don't overload the hopper, don't over fill the output jug and run at lowest speed you can get away with.

By the way I am not an employee of the supplier! I am just an engineer who likes well made kitchen technology.
on 1 April 2014
After doing some extensive research on juicers, I decided to order the Sage Nutri Juicer Pro. I considered it a gift to myself and used part of my bonus this year to pay for it.

My experience:

Delivered the next day after ordering via the amazing Amazon Prime service, I opened the box and assembled the juicer. I am usually horrific at assembling anything and found assembling this very easy.

My first juice was an easy and basic apple juice with a slice of lemon - let me just say how amazing this was juice was. I dropped 2 small Fuji apples in with a slice of lemon with the peels still on into the machine and 'whoosh' - out comes the juice into the pitcher. I honestly don't know if I've ever tasted anything so good!

I ordered a juice recipe book at the same time as ordering this juicer and my husband and I spent a few days trying several delicious recipes - it's like a new and delicious hobby.

The reason for my rating:

Unfortunately on our 5th day of juicing, juice has started spraying out the top of the machine. Everything is locked down as it's supposed to be and it seems the seal has worn down or away or something. After it started spraying, it covered the wall and nearby appliances in juice. Not happy about this! After spending so much money on this machine and having such a wonderful initial experience, it's a shame that this has happened.
77 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2013
Why I bought it:
There are many juicers out there and I bought this juicer purely as it was the one used by Joe Cross from the documentary 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead' - if it works for him, then it should work for me!

First Impressions:
When I got it out of the box, I was impressed with the quality of the components, you can see why this juicer costs alot. Brushed aluminium abound, it looks good sitting on the kitchen side and I am sure the motor would last forever!

In use:
This thing juices fast! So fast, it oxygenates the juice and causes masses of froth - sometimes, that froth looks pretty manky and puts you off drinking the juice, however, the plastic jug that is provided with the juicer does have a lid that tries to hold back the worst of the froth.

I found that this juicer was not that great at juicing leafy greens - in fact, most of the time, i would put in lots of leafy greens and I felt it just cut it up and flung it out the back with only a dribble of juice to show for it. I tried this on all speed settings and was disappointed with the results.
However, for fruit, this was great at juicing. It juices whole apples, cucumbers,oranges etc without having to cut them up - just peel when required. For speed of juicing this thing cannot be beaten.

What is wrong with it:
The problem with this juicer is there are two tiny 'holes' near where the pulp collector joins the lid. No matter what advice
I followed: ensure basket was clean, don't use a plastic bag, try a slow setting - this thing would, after juicing a couple of items start spitting juice out of these two holes and cover the worktops in juice. This is a known problem as after searching for info about this, the Breville people have even released a video telling you what you need to do to avoid this - even that advice did not work.

I found that if some of the juiced items are a little wet, it sticks to the top of the lid and collects in the corners. It is this that causes the juice to leak out of the little slits.

I don't mind cleaning, but when you pay near on £300 for this thing, you expect it to be able to juice without it spitting the juice all over the side. As a result, I consider this a design flaw and will opt for the slow masticating type of juicer.
on 5 June 2014
I totally love this Juicer.
So simple to use and gets the job done with its high powered motor.
I was a little sceptical at first reading some of the reviews all I can say is,' I don't think it was the product but operator error'.
Take time to read the manual, to get the full advantage from your machine, do everything slow, if you're going to ram stuff down the chute and try to do things fast you will get problems with any juicer.

Chill take it easy, read the instructions and this product will give you years of trouble free juicing, I only wish i had bought this machine first instead of a cheaper one.

It has a robust easy to clean body and can be stripped and cleaned thoroughly in under 2 mins, all parts are also dishwasher safe.

Top tip use a disposable bio bag in collector- no mess-- brilliant then straight into compost bin. - no waste.

So don't dilly dally or ponder- its worth the money, your worth the investment, just buy it, you won't regret it.
on 4 September 2013
I purchased this juicer as I decided to go on to a juice diet. It took me a while to decide what Sage model to go for and after a week I decided on the Juicer Pro. The price was a concern whilst choosing what model, but after reading more info on the Sage web site and finding out that the Pro comes with a 2 year guarantee and 5 year motor repair I was pretty much sold on it.

I'm using the juicer 4 times a day and it really stands up to the job, and then it only takes me 15 mins to clean it afterwards. To have the variable 5 speed motor is great for the range of fruit and veg I have been juicing.

I have now been using this for 2 weeks and have had no problems whatsoever and would highly recommend this juicer, don't let the price put you off
on 16 August 2013
I will a little wary of buying such an expensive juicer, but this has well be worth the money. Really happy with my purchase
on 22 July 2013
I'm not usually one to rave about kitchen gadgets but I've had this juicer for a week now and I'm a convert ~ so much so that it's inspired me to go on a fruit and veg juice diet and I'm now getting through 50 a day not 5. The juicer is simple to use and easy to clean and very, very powerful.
on 14 December 2013
I have used a Phillips Juicer and the motor was faulty and stock was out so I purchased the SAGE Juicer; OMG not good, the top leaks terribly and juice runs down the machine; total nightmare! They say if the top leaks to slow the motor down, I did that but the fruit wasn't pulping properly, I'm surprised this unit gets such good feedback, anyway I have returned this item thoroughly disappointed. The unit looks great and is made from quality materials but it has a definite flaw in its design. You cannot put hard plastic against steel and expect a liquid tight seal! Phillips have a rubber seal on theres and it never leaked. Hope people find my feedback useful?
on 8 November 2015
If you're one for healthy eating and juicing then this is definitely the juicer for you! Great textured juices and it even come with a soft fruit and a hard food blade. Juicing made easy for example, a whole apple can go in no peeling, deseeding or coring. The only down side is that it is a little bulky but it looks amazing in the kitchen, everyone always comments on it. It's easy to clean as it's dishwasher safe and it has safety mechanisms to prevent it from working until it's locked in at the top. I would prefer if it had a warning when the jug isn't in place as you could easily start juicing without the jug there and end up with a huge mess. My little 29 month old always want to drink the juice when I am having some; it's a great way of controlling what goes in his drink (carrots, apples and pineapples is his favourite no preservatives!). Great way of getting your 5 a day in and more, I also pour 100ml of water through to get the last bit of juice through and to make the juice to the correct thickness for me. I recommend this product to all of my family and friends having tried other products to make juice I never realised that it could be made ten times easier with the right equipment! Thanks Heston and thanks amazon!