Customer reviews

Ars Musica
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 November 2013
Found it good to listen to and have already listened to it a number of times - to the annoyance of my family who are already fed up with it.
on 11 September 2013
Never heard of Dark Moor before buying this as a sample. Absolutely great. Well on par with Rhapsody, Nightwish and Avantasia.
on 17 November 2013
We all know Dark Moor will never again reach the heights of their early work with Elisa C Martin, but in the Alfred Romero era, the band have churned out some great albums of quality power metal that puts them up there with Rhapsody, Labyrinth, and Kamelot.

It's business as usual for the Spaniards, though "Ars Musica" doesn't sound quite as powerful and as polished as "Ancestral Romance". It still gets the blood pumping in places, but it's not as fully realized as earlier pieces. On the whole, this is a calmer, more reflective release; they continue to sound Italian to the core, despite killer cuts like pounding opener "The First Lance Of Spain" and the tumbling "Living In A Nightmare". There are some seriously fruity moments to be had, especially during "Together As Ever", which has some of the worst lyrics I've heard this year.

If fluffy power metal in the vein of Skylark is your bag, you're going to play the hell out of this. Just don't go expecting something like "Gates Of Oblivion" because trust me, that ship has sailed.
on 23 October 2013
"Ars Musica" by Dark Moor.
Well, I bought this album on the strength of the good reviews on here and I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed.

After several listens I have concluded that they have tried to create a sound akin to that of Nightwish... which would be a good thing if they hadn't included some rather bizarre elements to their compositions. I'm not going to go on loads here because, after all, this is all simply my opinion but I have to say that I laughed out loud when the track "This is my way" played. To my ears it sounded like some rocked up version of a Eurovision cheesy pop song. Terrible. But hey, as I said it's just my opinion.
There's no doubting the musical talent in this band and they do have some epic moments, however, and disappointingly so, they have too many sub standard vocal songs. The instrumentals are great... if a little "show tune" in style and pop rock in places.
Anyway, if you like your rock/metal tinted with musical flavours of; Mama Mia the musical, Phantom of the opera, the theme from the Zorro movies and a cheesy Eurovision taint, then this is the album for you. If however you prefer the majestic sound of this musical genre at its best, such as in any Nightwish album, then give it a miss or, better still, drag yourself to the charity shops in Stockport and see if you can find my copy of the album there.
on 21 June 2013
From the very first notes of the opener tune of "First Lance Of Spain", I caught myself whistling the chorus line!!! This song has an old-fashioned power metal sound with heavy guitars, nice vocal performances and a HUGE chorus line to die for!! Next track is the simply stunning "It Is My Way"!! Forget power metal or even metal; this is a truly melodic hard rock gem! "The Road Again" and "Together As Ever" are both great rockers with plenty of melodies, catchy choruses and great arrangements. At this point, I have to say that the album so far sounds brilliant and extremely catchy with tonnes of melodies, very good performances and some inspired guitar work! Apart from the above mentioned tunes, the album contains also a couple of symphonic metal songs such as the brilliant "The City Of Peace" and the more theatrical and 'speedy' "Living In A Nightmare" which both are two of the most impressive tracks that I've heard since a long time from this particular scene!!! "Ars Musica" includes two alternate versions of "The Road Again" (acoustic version) and "Living In A Nightmare" (orchestral version) which are both very interesting.

All in all, I have to say that this album grabbed from the very first spin and left me hungry for more!! This album is a great ride with grandiose melodies, huge harmonies, big symphonic parts and some extremely impressive guitar solos! The musicianship is top notch and I will recommend this album to every hard 'n' heavy music fan out there!! Great album!! And one last thing...the front-cover is also amazing, congratulations!
(ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FOR[...].