Customer reviews

Premier League: A History in 10 Matches
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 18 August 2014
The title of this book really undersells it's content. This is so much more than a report of the 10 matches mentioned in the title. The author uses these matches as a device for explaining some of the more interesting developments in football at the highest domestic level. It gives a great insight into the ups and downs, both on and off the pitch, of teams at both ends of the spectrum of success. It's written with great humour too, having me chuckling more than once. Highly recommended.
on 1 October 2017
Reasonably enjoyable, but does go off on tangents rather than talking about the fotball.
on 17 January 2014
I started reading and very quickly got addicted and sucked back in time. I grew up with the premier league and while I don't remember football much before I can certainly appreciate how much it has evolved over the years. The commentary in this book is excellent and I like Jim's approach to relaying these stories again. The attention to the wider picture of what those games meant or what they represent is excellent. Football is more than kicking a ball around pitch for 90mins; these stories are about the people behind the clubs, the fans, the players and how society grew to love football again. I only wish I don't have to wait 20 years for the second instalment.
on 15 January 2015
A top journalist and writer, this is another winning book from Jim White (not the Deadline Day one!) Like Jonathan Wilson with more jokes, but no less brilliance, this is a great addition to the canon of books on the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.
on 6 April 2014
Well written and as described in the foreward,some games that you'd not really have expected there.If you have followed the league a bit since it started then worth the effort to read.At 51p I couldn't go wrong.
on 4 March 2014
Well researched and full of background detail,I really enjoyed this book.as an avid football fan I knew I would love it and I was right.I remembered all the games featured.
on 8 October 2014
White captures the mood & era brilliantly around each game, but his all time best 11?
Czech & not Schmeichel, Gerrard instead of Keane? Don't think so jim!
on 15 June 2015
Excellent read
on 30 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book and the research that was done to put all the facts together. I would definitely recommend this book to all of my friends who love football and appreciate the history of the game
on 22 February 2014
read a few of Jim Whites books this is one of the best. Gripping well written and funny in places.