on 3 March 2014
Being a student about to sit exams, I was looking for a useful note pad that would allow me to email notes to my school account meaning I can access it when I need it. This was hard to come by but after spending a considerable amount of money on useless similar apps I have found what I was after. Brilliant
on 7 October 2013
There isn't a lot to say really - I wanted somewhere just to write myself reminders or lists and this does the job perfectly. Very easy to use and ticks all the boxes.
on 22 February 2014
I think this a very useful addition to the Kindle, easy to make notes or reminders. I would definately recommend it.
on 6 February 2014
One of the most essential apps for any tablet is a notepad app. The Kindle Fire does not include a native notepad app, but there are dozens of apps available. I've tried about half a dozen of these apps, which varied from absolute bare bones to some that were almost mini word processors. My favorite notepad app is a simple one that allows uploading to a website, where notes can be synced to each device the user has. Unfortunately, the syncing can be buggy and unreliable, so I end up just emailing notes to myself if I need them on another device.

"Notepad for Kindle Fire" is a recently released app that is simple to use, and while it doesn't have many "bells and whistles," it does include the basic functions that a notepad needs:

* Auto-save notes.
* Press the up arrow to export notes to a selected directory as a .txt file.
* Press the down arrow to import notes from a selected directory.
* Press the magnifier icon to search the list of notes for text strings.
* Press the pushpin icon to pin a note to the top of the list (you can also set the order of notes in the list by pressing pushpins in the order that you want the notes displayed).
* Use the select/copy/paste function within notes.
* Send notes by email.

To change the appearance of notes, there's a choice of four font sizes and six fonts. The default font - Sebastian - is the most conventional-looking font and was the most readable one for me.

Overall, I give the app 5 stars for simplicity and ease of use. Unlike some more full-featured notepad apps, the learning curve is very brief. If you need a simple, reliable notepad app, "Notepad for Kindle Fire" is worth a look.
on 27 April 2014
A simple to use, effective jotter app. I have not been using it long but I have not found any drawbacks.
on 27 April 2014
this is a must for keeping notes shopping lists things to do etc i find it easy to use great
on 27 May 2013
This is a great notepad app. After playing around with it, I haven't had any issues. It seems very handy and I have no doubt I'll be using this for jotting down quick notes here or there. Thumbs up. A must have!
on 24 February 2014
This is a great notepad app for those that want to capture quick thoughts on the fly. The auto-save features is really nice and helps to avoid lost work. Powerful and yet lean. Great app.
on 11 January 2014
Does what it says. Extremely easy to use and compatible with kindle fire hd. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this app.
on 9 February 2014
This a useful little program though it has one or two things which cause it problems.
1. There is no auto save, one has to keep remembering to click on the ticks to ensure that it is saved.
2. If one goes to add to a previous saved note, and rotates the pad, any text entered will disappear.