on 24 January 2014
This book is well written and easy to dip in and out of. I enjoyed the interaction between the author and her acquaintances as she discovers pearls of wisdom to share with the reader. However, some advice is not really practical, hence 4 stars. I guess I would have given 4.5 if it was possible as this is a small niggle really.

I'd imagine that every woman who reads this book will take away good tips, and for that reason I recommend it to others.
on 10 April 2016
I love trying to base my personal style on the classic French style and this book covers everything you need to know about how to attempt to be chic. I found it informative and in fact have given it a second read using it almost like a reference book. A great way to base your style on the ultimate French way of presenting yourself whilst staying authentic and true to yourself.
on 23 May 2016
My new bible- a great resource to revisit. Eminently readable and entertaining.
on 4 March 2017
I bought this book thinking it would help me to achieve a chic and stylish wardrobe for my 'mid-life years' and what a disappointment it was. I live in France and I cannot relate to much of what this woman says about french women. I can only assume she lives in a totally different world to mine!!! I can honestly say that this book was definitely not for me and I wish I had not wasted 17.19 euros that it cost.
on 28 January 2014
Well constructed, beautifully written book, with creditable information and unlimited gap for imagination. I have read a couple of books on this matter for a similar research (not for a book, but for a anthropological reasons) and can say that this book is the best out there. Bravo Tish!
on 28 November 2013
As I am an 'Aging lady' I appreciated the ideas and tips in this book. I keep this book beside my bed and dip into it most mornings.
on 3 May 2015
WELL DONE
on 25 May 2014
I admit I am only 25 (an old 25 perhaps) but even I found this book wonderfully useful. It discusses everything from clothes, diets, jewelry, to skincare hair care, and conversation. It is all encompassing and very enjoyable and I definitely will be rethinking my list of "what is important" in my daily routine.
on 4 December 2013
There is useful and well-researched information in this book and the reader is left to make her own decisions about its value to her. However, to me, by the end of the book the author's self-complacency was rather nauseating and I have to query the so-called chic dressing of some of the women given as examples.
on 6 May 2014
Yes - I really enjoyed this book it was well written and informative. It is my ready reconer for "les bonnes adressess" as I now live in Paris. Thank you Tish Jett