Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 May 2014
As an NQT in an Outstanding school this book has been a life saver!

The book is clearly split into sections to make it easier to find areas that I needed help on, and is full of great tips (The 'challenge corner' really does work!)

It's refreshing to find a book that doesn't talk about the theory behind outstanding teaching, but actually talks about it from a 'real' teachers point of view, in a 'real' classroom. It covers all areas needed to be an outstanding teacher-from the first day at school, to behaviour management and finally an outstanding lesson plan.

An easy read, great tips and information and much better than most of the more expensive books I have bought.

Highly recommended!
on 27 April 2013
A great book! I am an NQT and the advice in this book has helped me quickly get a grip on challenging behaviour in my classroom. This book is really helpful for both behaviour and learning, and has made my job much easier. An easy read without the waffle. A great read for both students and NQTs – highly recommended.
on 3 June 2014
This book is an easy read which allows you to reflect on your own practice. Although I was doing some of the suggestions it allowed me to think about why I did them and their benefits. This book allows you to think about how to improve your day to day teaching through its to the point nature - something you do not often find in educational books. A must read for all trainees!
on 4 June 2013
This book is full of great behaviour management strategies. The author steers away from the theory and models how teachers can achieve high behaviour standards in the 'real' world. The outstanding Ofsted lesson plans at the end of the book are also a nice addition. Much better value for money than some of the more expensive reads!
on 1 March 2015
Some fantastic easy steps, which help to promote good behaviours in the classroom. Helpful for me as I am a nqt! It really helped me to reflect on my skills in the classroom.
on 27 August 2013
Just about to start a PGCE so thought I'd buy this for some tips! Overall, I found the tips to be simple yet very useful but I would have liked more examples.
on 24 August 2016
Clearly a teacher with passion for his pupils. Which I believe is the No 1 Priority. Interesting , light, inspirational and warm.
on 28 August 2014
Read this book and couldn't recommend it more! Easy to read with fantastic ideas and can't wait to try them out in my NQT year.
on 20 May 2014
Good, common sense tips that are evidently based on real experience. The spelling errors jarred though. I enjoyed reading it
on 20 December 2016
Some good useful ideas for trainees and NQTs. Read it in 20 mins and took it all in. Look forward to implementing it soon!