on 27 December 2016
The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe is a great addition, having all his work in one place to browse through at will is fantastic, all the tales of the supernatural and horror are here including ‘The Pit and the Pendulum which is about the torments endured by a prisoner of the Spanish Inquisition, though none of this is based on historical fact. The narrator describes his experience of being tortured. The story inspires fear in the reader because of its heavy focus on the senses, such as sound, authenticating its reality in many ways.

This is an unusual story from Poe when compared to some of his other stories, the narrator’s descriptions are more objectively valid—that is, less concerned with proving the narrator’s own sanity than with relaying the elements of his incarceration. The story is also unusual among Poe’s tales because it is hopeful. Hope is manifest in the story not only in the resolution of the tale, but also in the tale’s narrative strategy. The narrator maintains the capacity to recount faithfully and rationally his surroundings while also describing his own emotional turmoil.
on 21 June 2013
A great collection of tales and poems without equal. Horror to make your skin crawl and poems to sooth it
on 26 June 2017
WHAT CAN I SAY ?
I FREEKING LOVE THIS BOOK !
If you are an Edgar Allan Poe fan and you have lost all your, prized POE collection as I did, then this will definitely fill that void NICELY!
This book is NOT IN LARGE PRINT but I can always up my reading glasses, if and when, I have to because.....I JUST CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY POE!
Best deal I ever got on a Poe book of this quality and I waited for it to come down in price for 2 years! I was rewarded nicely for my patiance...GUARENTEED!
The jacket cover on this book is most awesome (better than even my oldie but goodie) and the back is just as good so make sure if ya love it ..YOU KEEP IT SAFE.
on 18 August 2015
When this book arrived you could immediately see how wonderful it actually was. I've seen some comments about the sleeve and I don't see what the problem is. Even under the sleeve the book looks sophisticated. The content of the book was also to my satisfaction with every Edgar Allan Poe story and poem written to his best. I've already read loads and with over 1000 pages I shall be reading this for quite a long time! Great value for money- highly recommend
on 17 June 2013
I've wanted this for ages and was delighted to find it on Amazon for such a great price! Great buy
on 17 April 2017
well worth reading even if you have read it years ago
on 1 April 2017
good
on 6 September 2015
Book cover looks awesome :) Very happy with item and fast delivery
on 30 June 2017
Brilliant read,would advise anyone to give it a go ,when they want a good book to read ,nice one son
on 24 July 2017
Tha book was in an amazing condition, arrivet promptly. Very cheap and beautiful edition. Great gift