on 26 November 2014
Fast delivery working great
on 20 March 2013
I'm not sure what is the problem but this laptop crashes every 2 minutes. I cant write cd's it crashes, I cant upload my photos -it crashes. Everything I do - i get "not responding". I CANT EVER SHUT DOWN or RESTART. I have to hold down the off button. I left it "shutting down" the other day. It was shutting down all night. Didnt actually turn off. I cant actually do anything with it.
on 21 December 2015
Very happy with the laptop
on 26 November 2012
Very good, acer is one of the best laptop brands for me! my cousin can play pc games every day!
on 25 April 2013
It runs very nicely and is able to play games with ease.
The battery life seems good and is a huge improvement on my old laptop. It is fairly light and easy to carry around.
The usb 3 is great and is much quicker than using usb 2.
Windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to but is not all that bad once you have, the major problem ive had with it is compatibility issues with certain games and programmes.
The general appearance is ok although the border around the screen seems a bit cheap and comes away quite easily. Ive also found the lid scratches quite easily but that will happen with general ware and tear anyway.
Ive found the speakers aren't amazing when playing music relatively loudly.
Generally it is a great laptop and does everything i need it for.
on 24 December 2012
Looked like an ideal choice for a cheap gaming but didnt deliver. Constant power problem meant it shut down in an hour and kept dropping off wifi. I tried more than one battery and had to send back for refund. Shame as seemed good...
on 2 August 2013
Brilliant and fast
on 2 September 2013
Good chip, good RAM. Fast. By the way ... on arrival I swapped out the HDD and replaced it with the hybrid from old notebook. Nice and easy upgrade of its software partition to latest OpenSuse (dropped Windoze ages ago). With the hybrid drive cold boot is about a minute.
Doesn't have the extras of an entertainment PC (eg S-video out) and graphics and sound don't match chip. But to get the extras you would have to add at least 200 to price and probably double it. Best value for money I found.
on 6 April 2013
I have been running this laptop for some four weeks now and it has exceeded all my expectations. This is a serious and powerful piece of kit with superfast ability. At £582 I consider it a bargain. It is the fourth Acer laptop in this household and came as a replacement for a Travelmate that was beginning to show its age.The only niggle - and it is just a small niggle - is that the SD slot has no spring to force the SD card back out so that I have to use either my nails or something sharp for retraction. However, as for gaming, I wouldn't know as I wouldn't know one end of a game from another.

It comes with Windows 8 and which takes some time to get used to if, indeed, ever. For example, it took me the best part of a day to discover how to transfer photographs to USB flash drive and then only when advised by an expert (Digital Frame at the top of the window). Of course, that is not the fault of the machine.

Perhaps the best part of all is that you log off with pressing just the one switch and there is no rigmarole to attend to.

UPDATE : 18 May 2013. Niggles developing. Yesterday, I sent the same email to two individuals and when I went to print that email today I could not find it, like vanishing off the face of the earth. Also, when composing an email today, I lost three quarters of it when it suddenly vanished off the screen. It that computer fault or Windows 8, or what?

UPDATE : 13 July 2013. I have taken Windows 8 off the computer and now have Windows 7 Professional. I made the decision after the computer refused to show a video clip in Windows 8. Thankfully, the computer speed for 7 and 8 is identical although Windows 8 was faster in both booting up and logging off.
on 11 April 2013
On the face of it this laptop seemed like a bargain. The DVD writer wasn't great from day one and unfortunately failed within the first fortnight. Also got a lot of Not Responding messages for certain programs and the touchpad is extremely oversensitive. I ended up having to turn the tap facility of the touchpad off.
Amazon have since refunded this item.
Could of been a rogue, but this time I'll be reverting back to HP.