on 25 November 2015
Fine had trouble with it having keys that stick and it went into sleep mode Acer were not very helpful as I didn't take out extended warranty.Had someone sort it and then on has been fine.
on 29 September 2014
Stopped working
on 12 March 2014
Wrong item got posted out. Laptop received only had 2GB of ram and a crappy processor; barely usable. Maybe it'd be decent otherwise.
on 11 October 2013
This laptop was a replacement for my Packard Bell dot s which had an Intel Atom N550 processor and gave up the ghost. When using applications it just cant compare to the Packard Bell as it has a 1GB AMD processor and is quite slow. However as I use it mostly for internet access when sitting on the sofa its great. The battery life is not as good as the Packard Bell maybe 2 to 3 hours. Its keyboard has a nice touch, well spaced keys for its size. The mouse pad is very sensitive so you have to be nimble with your finger. Overall it looks well although being black and shinny the top looks a bit messy with finger prints etc when closed.
Its not bad considering what you pay for it but it could be frustrating if you want to run programs which need processor power.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2013
Bought as a gift for a university student. Good sized keyboard which is very close to full size and can be rolled back to win7 if you don't get on with 8. It seems to be hitting the spot well. Would definitely recommend.
5 people found this helpful
on 15 October 2013
Very pleased, excellent purchase. Immaculate condition. Easy to operate although I'm still getting used to windows 8! Nice portable size, would recommend.
on 24 October 2013
I love it, small and practic, definitely better for me and my traveling. It is thin and lightweight. Good battery life.
on 28 October 2013
It's basic and cute but that's just what I was looking for. I just wanted something portable for entertainment, internet access or office applications. I have my desktop PC for more demanding tasks like video encoding and programming.

Obviously it's not for everyone. It depends on what you want to do with a notebook. It can run some older games if you can work out how to install them since it doesn't have an optical drive.

The Case Logic case fits perfectly. Case Logic ELS111K Laptop Case Nylon 11.6 Inch Black
on 4 September 2013
I bought this laptop to carry on my travels abroad so the size and weight were the prime reasons for buying it. On using it I am horrified at how slow it is to carry out even basic tasks. i have had several laptops so I can only compare the speed with them. I don't feel that I can send it back as technically it is in full working order and I am about to go abroad within next few days so need something to take. Wish I had done more research on these or bought earlier in order to have time to exchange.
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 May 2014
Hi,
I bought this computer Acer V5 121 because my old one is an Acer Aspire One D260-A and has lasted a long time and is really good performance wise. A circular time symbol appears when i click on an icon in the desktop of the new Acer Aspire V5 121 and i have to wait longer for things to appear than on my old computer. Things do open up on the screen but the time symbol shows the computer is slow. Internet Explorer has pop-ups on the screen when you move the mouse to the top. This was annoying and distracting so i installed google chrome where there are no pop ups on the screen. When im not on the internet pop ups appear on the side of the screen (called charms) when near the top corners with the mouse for navigation and the date shows up in big font size at the same time i do this even though it is shown on the bottom right of the screen. There is no MS Word, Spreadsheets so i downloaded a similar Word one from a well known website.

I have installed updates and this was painfully slow. I had begun on the 26th one at 3:12pm because i had to restart and i had 96 updates to install and the computer wouldn't let me do anything unless they were completely installed. I switched it off and on again the updates were still on the screen, this process took 2 and a half hours. The pc is still slow, i wish i didn't buy it, and looked into the reviews first. Windows 8 is similar to what you see on a mobile as the apps like news and weather (the images of the app) are updated when you go on the internet. I get todays news when i go on the Start screen via internet too which is OK.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse