on 5 May 2013
Great sounding live EP from Gabrielle Aplin, who can clearly put on a good show (you can hear an enthusiastic crowd at Koko on this recording). Stanger side has a nice country shuffle rhythm to it, while How do you feel today starts as a modern acoustic piece before expanding to include a soothing violin melody. Go your own way bursts into anti-love ballad backed by a snarling country telecaster, that takes a good solo. Please don't say you love me rounds it off with piano lead melody and some heart wrenching lyrics about what happens to a relationship when two people aren't on the same page.

This is nice a promo for the new album English Rain, and well worth checking out if you like modern country.
on 29 May 2013
I downloaded this live sampler because I had read about Gabrielle and wanted to find out what she sounded like. I really enjoyed this live CD. A couple of weeks later I noticed that iTunes were playing her studio CD pre-release. I listened to it a couple of times and was really disappointed. The live album has variety and is 'bouncy', the studio CD is flat and many of the tracks are similar. Rather like the early Texas, who were a different band on stage to their studio work, I feel the same applies to Gabrielle. I hope that she can bring more of the feel of her live performances to her studio work.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 May 2013
All in all I am pleased with this promo, of tracks recorded live at Koko. Although I have heard of Gabrielle Aplin I must admit that I had only ever heard one track by her before, so it was nice to hear more of her voice.

With a distinctive voice I love the way that the actual instrumentation is stripped back and the vocals are kept simple, no trying to do gymnastics with them here. I should think that this will soon be priced, so make the most of it and get this whilst this remains free.
One person found this helpful
on 9 May 2013
This is the first time I have been sufficiently blessed to hear the remarkable talents of Gabrielle Aplin. A multi-talented singer-songwriter, who will be amongst the very best of the rest. Think Linda Ronstadt, Judy Collins, Janis Ian and a smidgen of Joni Mitchell and there's still more to come as maturity strikes. Cover versions and original works combine well and there is clearly much more to come. I've taken a sneak preview of her soon to be released album, English Rain, and it lives up to its promise in spades. Buy, buy, buy
on 29 September 2013
I downloaded a number of free tracks from the MP3 store the other evening and thought this was something that might be of interest. However I certainty would not have paid £7.99 for 4 tracks!

It now seems I have been billed but I cannot find any ways to contact Amazon about the error. Also there a re a number of supposed "free" mini-EPs like this one was originally advertised that cannot be accessed, including one from Franz Ferdinand. It seems the link is broken. I can therefore only assume that when I purchased the Gabrielle Aplin EP, that it directed me to the wrong product for which I have been charged.

The "new improved" one-click pay for MP3 files is not (as advertised) any sort of improvement. It is less convenient because you have to make each purchase separately rather than putting it all into your basket (along with physical goods) and confirming one purchase. It also does not give you the option to review your purchases before buying. Please can we have the old system back?

Any while you were at it, can I please have my £7.99 back?
One person found this helpful
on 30 November 2013
I downloaded this mini album while it was free, but I must say that I would definitely pay for it.

I wasn't sure how her songs and voice would sound live but was very pleased to find they still sound lovely. This collection of songs is like a breath of fresh air. High quality recordings that sound absolutely beautiful. Something to sit back and have a cup of tea to.
on 28 December 2015
Nice little live EP from Gabrielle Aplin. Her voice and the music reminds me a bit of Amy MacDonald especially the first track. I like this one and the fact that it was free is even better!
on 5 October 2013
I picked this up when it was a freebie, never having heard of Gabrielle Aplin before. I'm pretty sure I'll be hearing a lot more of her as I will be actively seeking out her other albums.

Great songs and an amazing voice. What more is there to say!
on 29 September 2013
Downloaded this track as it was free (nothing to lose if I didn't like it) Glad I did. The quality of Gabrielle's voice, especially given this is a live recording, captured my curiosity so much so I have now purchased her album on the strength of it. Try it you've nothing to lose
on 7 May 2013
Not a great CD - production could have been better but for a set of 3 free live tracks I should not really moan ! The enthusiastic crowd obviously enjoyed it although I found the cover of 'Go Your Own Way' (Fleetwood Mac) a bit insipid.