on 28 March 2017
I realised I had never left a review for this trusty device after trawling through my back purchases trying to find what rating it was!
I am writing this review 3 years late to the party but can safely say this battery pack still gets use today! Any time there is a family holiday it comes with us, ready to help us out of a bind if we can't get to an outlet or if a flight has been delayed and devices are running low on juice!
The rubberised coating is peeling a little on the corners and the front face is a little scratched from repeated fumblings with a USB port that is never the right way up and the "shake to activate" charging display was difficult at best from day one but it's still going, still holding a charge and still quickly charging devices less than a third it's age!
My only laments are the lack of passthrough charging and the solitary smart charging port but this battery pack has outlasted lesser devices and is still going strong
on 12 September 2016
My second Anker powerbank purchased on Amazon (this one was for the missus), and it hasn't let her down yet. Admittedly, the 'shake to activate' feature is gimmicky as opposed to functional, but the bank itself hold a fantastic amount of power and it's both built and packaged wonderfully. I love the rubbery smooth finish and it's weight oozes quality.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 May 2014
has saved me so many times now and i LOVE this product. never fails me and charges quite quickly too. would buy again!
on 5 May 2017
A fantastic product! I've had this for over two years now and it's still functioning just as well!
on 16 May 2016
Great for travel or just for using all day without having to keep tablet/phone plugged in.
on 6 July 2015
Runs my dongle for 36 hrs non-stop! Superb
on 22 January 2014
I'm really impressed with this Anker external battery. Great delivery, packaging and high quality product which is just brilliant.

I absolutely love the packaging – it’s simple clean lines and appearance just shout “quality”. And there's certainly no disappointment when lifting out the charger with it's soft rubbery surface and curved shape. It's also a good size and not too heavy! So I'd be happy to have it in a pocket if I felt I might need it with me, with my Note II in my other pocket. The charger is about the same width as the Note II, but not as long and slightly thinker.

It so simple to use too. Just a slight shake to wake it and a circular segmented light shows the level of charge, which was near fully charged on arrival. So it didn't take long to complete it's charge using a micro USB cable I already had plugged in for my phone. It comes with a micro USD lead, but not with it's own USB wall plug - which was fine by me as I have plenty anyway.

There are 3 USB sockets, one of which is intelligent so it will charge any device as quick as possible. So plenty of flexibility.

I've not done any charging time tests, but the first time I charged my Nexus 7 tablet was plenty quick enough for me. It probably used up roughly 10 to 15% to fully charge the Nexus 7 from about 30% to fully charged. So the charger still has loads of charge left.

I fully recommend others to buy this product, or other Anker charger, if you want a good quality product. They have a good range of chargers with different capacities depending on your requirements.

I will definitely be looking at Anker products in the future.
on 15 March 2014
Been looking for a replacement to my old power monkey for some time. After reviewing for a few hours, chose this one and I am not disappointed... It is a seriously smart piece of kit. Looks and feels like a top quality product.

Not that it is a problem to me, but this cannot be used as a power hub, ie while the device is charging, it will not charge other items plugged into it. No real issue, but only design limitation in my opinion. (Although I have not come across any other that does this!)

5 stars given as I simply cannot fault this wonderful device.... And at this price, I am going to buy the wife one!
on 16 January 2014
This is the 3rd unit I have bought now, the first was stoeln by a friend (I kinda let them keep it as they loved it so much) the second I still have and use almost daily and this third one I intend to take with the other on longer trips away.

Pros: Huge battery charges my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) from flat to full around 4-5 times on a full charge of the power pack. It charges as fast if not faster than a standard UK Power outlet, and alot faster than the in car charging system I have so I often favour this over the car charger when I'm driving. You can charge upto 3 devices at any one time which has proven very useful when I have been out with friends we just all connect up and throw the phones in a bag while they all charge up. Granted charging multiple devices does share the charging speed thus slowing it down but it is still very quick and effective at charging the devices. I have used with various phones and tablets of various brands including apple product and never had a problem with any of them. Design:- The product is extremely well designed, a little heavy but again to be expected given its capacity. Its about the size of a small 2.5" external portable hard drive perhaps a little bigger but certainly small enough to carry around with the rest of your gear in a backpack. It could even be considered pocket sized if you have large pockets.

Cons: The charge time of the battery pack is very very very long, I would estimate 16-24 hours to charge the pack from flat to full however I have found that this seems to vary but it ideally wants to be charged at least a day before any long trips. This is kind of to be expected however given that the device has a 12000mAh battery and is therefore about 5 times the capacity of most high end smartphones. The lack of a power button, this was originally a concern of mine as the pack is shaken to activate charge or to check the power level. I first thought this might prove annoying or even affect the battery life of the pack, however I have since read that 100,000 shake activations consumes less than 1% of the battery of the pack. This elevates any concerns about it draining whilst bobbing around in your bag and also I have actually found no issue in activating the device to charge or to check remaining power levels.

Overall: Brilliant, dont even hesitate, just buy one now, infact if you travel alot or often find your battery runs out then buy a couple, you will not be disappointed. I honestly dont know how I have lived without it.
on 18 February 2014
This external battery unit is solidly built an finished in an attractive non-slip rubber finish. Whilst it *will* re-charge from a standard phone charger it takes *many* hours; a hefty charger is necessary to bring this down to a reasonable period.

On the plus side (and it's a big plus) like most of the Anker products I've bought this unit really does deliver the goods, refilling my Samsung tablet once and S4 phone twice on one charge.

Dislikes? Well the short supplied lead would charge other appliances but for some reason couldn't be used to charge the unit itself. The battery meter on top of the unit seems to light up at random with the slightest vibration even not plugged into anything. I'd prefer to see more conventional display of capacity.

Anker seem very responsive to comments and suggestions and genuinely interested in making sure their customers are happy with their purchase. This is a very positive trait ensures that I favour their products precedence when selecting new tech.
(I've no connection with the company)