Customer reviews

Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film The Great Gatsby
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 February 2014
i think what stands out on this is definitely JayZ's songs as does Lana Del Rey's haunting song. go get it, it's better than the film.
on 16 June 2013
As expected from a Baz Luhrmann film an amazing soundtrack i can now quote it! its one you will have on repeat!! :)
on 20 April 2014
I would happily give this more stars if it were based on a few of the songs of the CD. My favourite was definitely "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Ray. Some of the songs I just didn't like so much. I would recommend it though especially to fans of the film!
on 25 June 2013
One of the things that I noticed from Lurhmann's "The Great Gatsby" (apart from striking cinematography) was music - the soundtrack so perfect and so organically merged with the picture, that I simply cannot imagine the film without it - this OST is a backbone to the film.

This is one great soundrack (one of the best for me in recent years, but Buz Lurhmann always had a great ear for the music - just check out the OST for his "Romeo + Juliet" - Romeo And Juliet), Film aside, this is just a brilliant and diverse compilation album that I am sure will play on people's stereos this summer. I simply cannot stop listening to it since I downloaded it last night. Surprisingly, even performers that I disliked previously I am beginning to enjoy - everything is so lavish and varied, and just beautifully made.

If you loved the film - buy the soundtrack. If you did not love the film - buy the soundtrack anyway!
on 28 December 2016
I have this on vinyl, and it is an amazing record. It comes with two records, side A & B on one, side C & D on the other. Around the middle of the record there are some small engravings however, whether they are on all of the records I am not sure. They are quotes from the TV show 'The Wire', when they discuss the book. Overall, I enjoyed this very much, and the small engraved quotes were a nice touch.
on 16 May 2013
A great soundtack, one of the best in many years. The strange thing is that I normally dislike just about ever artist on this album but this all just works. The best or me, very hard to choose, has to be Florence or I am quite embarrassed to admit Will.i.am's seriously catchy Bang Bang. Worst is Beyonce's cover of Back to Black. The original would have it fitted beautifully into ths album without having to do this to it.
on 30 June 2017
Great cd
on 24 August 2017
Great service and a great album
on 2 June 2013
Baz Luhrmann's Great Gatsby has divided opinion critically however the soundtrack accompanying his film is a vibrant array of amazing talent and fantastic songs. Every song, from the Emeli Sande's 20s inspired Crazy in Love to the 20s-Noughties dance fusion track A Little Party Never Killed Nobody serves as a crucial backbone to the film but are standalone songs in their own right.

This album has often been called a "bridge" between the heady jazz numbers of the 20s to the sound of modern music and never has a marriage fitted beautifully together. The standout song has to be Lana Del Rey's haunting Young & Beautiful. A truly soulful, evocative and haunting piece of music.

One of the most exciting film soundtracks to have been produced in many years. Listen to it now!
on 1 December 2014
I'm a big fan of Baz Luhrmann films and loved Gatsby. I like the music track because it has a great mix of music. I own many film track music albums but this is one of my favourite.