on 20 November 2015
First item supplied had problems (the card reader slots were not working). I contacted Donner-UK by email who were quite responsive and they ordered a replacement item. Second item works Ok but card reader was intermittent at first but now functions Ok. This may have something to do with the fact that there are no drivers available for the product either supplied with the product (disc) or online. I'm running windows 10 and according to my searches on the internet, windows 10 should find the relevant supporting software on installation. I'm not convinced it does. I also have Driver Detective installed on my PC and after a couple of re-scans it did pick up a couple of USB storage drivers which seem to be working according to Windows 10 'Device Manager'. After several PC restarts the device started to function correctly, however i wouldn't say I'm confident that a hot swap of the storage cards in the reader slots will work every time. My PC certainly doesn't always recognize new cards inserted into the slots even I reboot with the card in the slot. So bottom line, the follow up service from Donner-UK was good but there are probably better Media Dashboards out there. Note: I should add that I have a small mobile card reader which plugs into a USB slot - regardless of what card I use it works every time which more than I can say for this Media Dashboard.
on 14 July 2013
Superb piece of kit. Works brilliantly! This is an all-in-one solution for connecting things to your PC. Only took 14 days to get from Hong Kong to Scotland.
on 30 June 2015
It's hard to locate the Compact Flash pins when inserting with the result they bend and break off unfortunately, could of done with a longer guide, otherwise it's a nice unit. The main reason I got it was for the CF card so I've wasted my money!
on 20 November 2014
Had to send this item back because one of the wires was not attached so I do not know if it work well and I did not order an other one so one star from me
on 13 July 2015
drivers not supplied so win 8.1 doesn't recognise it, rest of it is OK usb ports work not the card reader, however attaching hard drives is a breeze
on 20 June 2014
This is of better quality than the generic ones sold by Chinese vendors. Everything works well and the IDE/sata connectors is a great idea.
on 5 September 2013
I searched Amazon for several days trying to find a 5.25 inch card reader, but stumbled on this tasty little device that allows connection with an IDE hard drive, Sata and ESata externally (very good for using those old hard drives for backup etc) and it is plug and play compatible so that you can flick the integrated power switch and connect another drive to the IDE channel without turning the PC off. Very nifty.
It does use two USB headers, one Sata, Motherboard Audio Out as well as a power connection for the various power connector adapter cable that is supplied. (this links up to the 1/2" diameter four pin socket on the front to supply power via a Sata or traditional Bullet type power plug on the adapter cable)

Installation was very straight forward, plugged everything in and it installed its self (windows 7 - no disc required) - and just works as it should.

The only gripe that I had was the front panel audio cable was a bit on the short side - it did reach though (my header is on the far side of the motherboard so it is a long trek to it around graphics cards etc). Other than this - i'm very pleased with it indeed.

Hossen posted the dashboard very quickly and it arrived well before the predicted date from Amazon. Thanks Hossen!
on 29 August 2014
Great product....
Everything works !! Easy to put in your computer !!
Just simply 5 stars
on 26 June 2015
Great front panel option. Haven't installed yet but should give a access to my old ide hard drives
on 7 January 2015
Plastic construction but it does work