Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.99

on 27 April 2017
Simply superb. A dark, utterly convincing story of lost innocence, friendship, and the terrible experience of guilt. I envy anyone who has not read this. Unlike so many novels praised for the quality of the writing, the writing here is so good you don't notice it, you don't see the joins, it carries you with it like a fast-flowing river. Scenes and characters from The Secret History stay with you forever. It is not a perfect novel: one character is peculiarly under-developed (Camilla), and the narrator's family background is rather glibly dismissed, but as a whole, I would say this is one of very few novels from the last 40 years that will still be read in 50 or 100 years' time.
on 26 July 2017
The Secret History is my all time favourite book. I had read it 6 times now over the years (maybe more I have lost count) and still find something new each time. Fabulous. Compelling. It has gotten under my skin in a way no other book has.
on 18 May 2017
Wonderful story, I was sad to finish it
on 22 June 2017
Good reading
on 7 June 2017
This is my favourite book.
on 25 March 2017
She is a master writer who manages to surprise and inform with every sentence. Never dull or mediocre. A gifted author.
on 18 May 2017
A real page turner.
on 30 April 2017
Has the rare distinction of being the book that I would recommend without hesitation to anyone of any taste in literature.
on 24 March 2017
This book kept me enthralled and scared the wits out of me, but I loved it. I love all Donna Tartt's books.
on 13 June 2017
I loved the characters and language on this book. Surely a film just waiting to be made? Worth a read.