Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Addictive, as ever
on 17 October 2013
It seems that every new version of Fifa is met with so much harsh criticism !! And Fifa 14 is no exception.
I'm not saying that it is perfect and here's my take what I like and dislike:
- Polished up screen menu system
- Gameplay is quite good, and improved graphics are welcome
- More realistic skill moves
- Very important IMHO is that the player without the football runs faster than the one who is. This is a very realistic situation which was lacking in previous versions. I do stand to be corrected on this point, yet it definitely is much more noticeable in this version.
- Whilst the commentary has improved quite a lot, it does need some polishing up. At times I am amazed with what the commentator says yet on other occasions I feel it too repetitive and annoying. "Your type of goal" "Definitely your type of goal".... too much of it.
- Way too many offsides!! Having said that, it probably reflect how much one knows the game in real world scenario I guess.
- Players falling or tripping too much
- Whilst fouling has been reduced to a minimum, certain fouls are a bit dubious.
- Online gaming seems to be more controlled by the CPU than the user!
Software updates could hopefully address certain issues.
Taking all into account I do find that Fifa 14 PS3 is a bit of a mixed bag. Yet I just cannot stop playing the game!!
Hope you have more luck than I do!