on 20 April 2016
I have tried lots of different sleep masks, this is the best, by a long way. It doesn't let any light in and is soft and comfortable to wear, well worth spending the extra money on
on 2 August 2014
Best light blocking sleep mask I've had. Though one other came close and was considerably less bulky.

It is too big and lying on my side as I prefer to do means it digs in to my ears/face. If I designed it, I would have a split strap system, one would go below my ears and one above.

Its primary function is to cut out light and it does this extremely well.

Comfort = 3
Blackout = 5
on 21 January 2015
I have a Tempur pillow which I love but I must say that, for the money this was disappointing. It is very hot to wear and is really only suitable for winter months. As I bought this to combat early morning light in the summer I will only be taking this on flights in future.
on 18 June 2014
I'll update this review once I've used it a few times, but so far so good. Apart from looking like one of Miss Piggy's bras (though possibly too small for her), it is incredibly comfortable to wear and completely blocks out the light. The wide, elasticated velcro strap make it easy to get the right fit, so I'm hoping it will stay in place all night - unlike some of the cheaper versions.

I've taken a bit of a gamble paying £29 for it, but you normally do get what you pay for, and so far this looks like good value for money.

UPDATE: I've been using this nightly for several weeks now. I've always woken with sunrise, which in summer can be very early, so I don't always get the sleep I need - even though it is a gorgeous time of the day!

By using this sleep mask I now get the sleep I need depending on what time I go to bed and how tired I am. This can be 6.30/7.00 which is great, but on occasion I've slept until 9.00 or 10.00 which is unheard of for me. Now I sometimes need to use an alarm on working days, but otherwise I know I'm getting the sleep my mind and body needs, and I feel much better for it.

If it helps, my routine is that I go to bed with the mask beside the bed. When I invariably wake to pay a visit I return to bed, put the mask on, and that's it - I wake up when my body tells me to. Refreshed and ready to go.
on 23 August 2015
Faced with a choice between a sleep mask and a blackout curtain, I opted for the former. I'd not used a sleep mask before and was a little worried about whether it might feel claustrophic and uncomfortable.

No such issue. I love this and now wear it routinely. The first night felt slightly odd, but one quickly gets used to wearing it. It's become almost Pavlovian for me now - I put the mask on and am asleep in minutes.

The blackout factor is almost complete. If you wear it during the day and really try, you can make out some chinks of light. At night, the blackout factor is supurb and complete.

So far as comfort is concerned, it does feel a little bulky when sleeping on one's side, but not uncomfortably so. I agree with another user that a better design for the strap would be a split above / below the ear arrangement. But I'm nitpicking now.

In short, highly recommended. The customer service / despatch was first rate, too.
on 4 September 2014
Echoing the comments of others, this is an excellent sleep mask which I've been using for a couple of months now.

One point that I don't think I noted sufficiently before buying - the fit is unusual, with a larger pad against the cheekbone keeping the mask away from my eyes so I can open and close them naturally, a big benefit for me over other masks. The feel against my cheeks did take some getting used to, but now I have done I wouldn't go back.

No light gets through this mask when it is properly fitted, and it's extremely comfortable now I've habituated to the unusual feel. I sleep very well as a result.
on 12 February 2014
I bought these as normal,thin eye masks do not tend to do the job quite right and after a few months the elastic always goes saggy so you always have to replace the elastic or the mask. I have a Tempur Cloud pillow and found it to be very comfortable and thought that these looked comfortable.
I was right,they not only block out all light but with the inclusion of the Tempur in the construction around the eyes and the nose they are incredibly comfortable and are made with a velvety material to make them soft on the skin.
They have an adjustable Velcro strap at the back to make the fit even more comfortable.
They have washing instructions inside the nose band but when I spoke to Tempur they did not advise washing the memory foam contained in these and there is no way to get the foam out unless you want to unstitch the lot so not sure why there are washing instructions?
Bit more expensive than normal eye masks but then these are way above the average eye mask.
on 23 July 2015
I was having problems with the long daylight hours causing my bedroom to be to bright.
After some research I found this Tempur mask has an ideal material which does not easily irritate the
face. For some reason it is more comfortable when worn upside down for myself!. I think this is because it can rest on the lower part of the eyelids slightly pressuring the eye.

You could try wearing it upside down, not back to front! Lol. It works for me. The only issue I have is that in the night i tend to remove it in my sleep. But in those bright mornings all one has to do is reach around the bed and slip the mask on. I feel this helps the brain deal with the brightness of light penetrating the eyelids etc.

Good seller here,mask arrived quickly as described. This is not the holy grail of masks but its damned close for some heads!.

Good luck.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2016
I never thought I would spend this much money on an eye mask but I couldn't be happier with my decision! It is nicer than the picture, a really soft velour velvet material. The strap is comfortable, and the best bit - I stood in my garden midday in full sun - couldn't see a thing!!! Another joy is that the way the mask is made, there are hollows on the inside so your eyes aren't touching the mask! I unfold the bottom of the mask slightly to make it more comfortable. Some people complain it can make you feel hot or sweaty - it has been the hottest week this week and I have slept all night like a baby!! I would definitely recommend this as an investment, it does the job perfectly, I have slept so well, felt much better and I certainly won't be wasting my money on cheap eye masks anymore !!
review image review image review image
on 24 July 2014
I've had a Tempura sleep mask for many years, using it every night. It finally started to look tired itself so I decided to renew. I've tried other sleep masks but to be honest, nothing compares. Certainly worth every penny !! ZZzzzzzzz...