Format: Audio Download|Change

This has to be the best and sadly the last of this incredible series of books about Septimus Heap the ExtraOrdinary Wizard's Apprentice (Marcia Overstrand), Marcellus Pye the fact, all the characters from the original books are written into this story.

It took me 2 and a half solid hours of reading to finish this book and then I felt sad because there won't be anymore tales about Magyk, Alchemie and Charms.

Luckily for me, I got the dust jacket that matches all my original books and I think the rough looking edging to the paper is to make the book look old.

Marcia has finally given Marcellus permission to open the Alchemie Chamber and re-start the Fyre but will it work and have the Drummins survived the original catastrophe that saw Marcellus nearly killed? Simon has been offered a job by Marcellus much to his astonishment and is now married to Lucy nee Gringe.

When two disreputable characters turn up at the Heaps, they are finally recognised as Septimus's Uncles. They are not Wizards but Conjurors but harmless ones at that and turn out to be likeable. However, something or somebody is after them and when Marcia finds the double headed ring is missing things start to turn bad for everyone.

I don't want to say anymore because it would be a spoiler but I can say that there is a death and also a birth.

A brilliant series of books........a huge well done to Angie Sage and a lot of gratitude for giving me such pleasure over the years.
on 15 January 2016
This was an amazing purchase - the book was a limited signed edition by the author. The delivery time stated mid January however I emailed the seller asking for the possibility of delivery before Christmas. On Christmas Eve via my Hermes the book arrived - just as described & in time for Christmas. My sister was absolutely over joyed with it!
on 5 March 2014
I first found Magyk at a charity book stall and I got hooked! I originally purchased the set of 6 books and then the 7th one. It is the story of Septimus Heap, the 7th son of a 7th son. He was taken at birth by the midwife who told the family he had died. But he was put in the 'Young Army' controlled by the infamous Dom Daniel, the Extraordinary Wizard at the time but who was subsequently ousted and Marcia Overstrand took over as Extraordinary Wizard who controlled the magyk settlement. Septimus was reunited with his family and became Marcia's apprentice. The books tell the story of the perils Septimus (and his brothers) go through to rid the land of the ghost of Dom Daniel and of Princess Jenna who was placed in the Heap family as a baby to save her from his clutches as he did not want her to grow up and become queen (having murdered her mother). Excellent story for all ages from about 9, depending on the reading age of the child, and for those much older - I am 70! I passed them on to my daughter (47) who is now enjoying them and then they will be passed on to my grandson (now aged 7) in a couple of years!

I found them unputdownable!
on 5 April 2013
The content is as good as usual but what on earth is the publisher thinking of with the book cover and format. They are certainly showing nothing but contempt for the buyers of the previous six volumes of this series. This book is a different size from all the others and the jacket matches the rejacketed paperback editions not the original hardbacks.At least the American publisher has seen fit to produce this book in a matching style with the other six. Are Bloomsbury going to produce a matching volume later? If not then I would recommend buying the US edition (also available from Amazon). Does the author have a view on this, I for one would like to hear from her!!!
55 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2015
th magyk series has to be my favourite fantasy series!!! i couldnt put these books down! sadly it ended but luckily angie sage has done a series with the same characters about 10 years after this which is a must read for magyk fans!!!
on 27 October 2013
A lovely series of books, really appealing in this edition, would highly recommend that any young readers who enjoy Harry Potter try Septimus Heap they won't be disappointed!
on 6 March 2014
I have loved reading and listening to all the Septimus Heap books. Intelligent, moral and raw stories for anyone age 7 upwards. My son (age 15) has grown up with the books and could not wait to get this one when it was released, so much so that we ordered it in advance.
on 20 May 2013
I suppose I should let my 10 year old daughter write this review about the very eagerly awaited final instalment to the magyk series. She absolutely loved it. She read most of the book in a day and then held off finishing it for 2 days - because it was so good and she didn't want it to end. She has read reread and reread every book in the series and has already reread this one. Thoroughly recommended.
on 12 November 2013
this is a great book and i recomend it to everyone. great way to finish the series well done angie! and to all those people who said poor quality "rough cut" pages, the books are supposed to be like that. its meant to give them a 'parchment' look. anyway good book, intresting plot, READ THIS!
on 29 May 2013
Another fantastic book in the Septimus Heap series. I remember buying the first one when it came out in what seems like such a long time ago now and have loved every book that followed. Aimed at older children although I was in my early 20's when I started reading them and am now 31 and love them. If you like Harry Potter then I would definitely recommend this wonderful series