Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 November 2014
A lot of bands tend to peter off as they release more albums (see: Paramore) but not Biffy. I am amazed at how they actually seem to get stronger with each album, without the whole "selling out" and just writing more poppy songs (see: Fall Out Boy).

It holds on to the raw passion and complexity of their previous records while still bringing a unique feel across the two discs which means even a moderate fan listening could still identify if a song was off this or Only Revolutions

Admittedly, the complexity has got a little tamer since the days of Puzzle and before - less unusual melodied and time signatures - but if you are interested in an older more rugged Biffy sound they have released an album of B sides called "Similarities" which holds much truer to the original Biffy sound.

Irrespective of this I would still hold heartedly recommend this to anyone thinking about it as a solid Biffy album and rock album on general
on 22 August 2017
I'd only heard Biffy Clyro live at a couple of live concerts at festivals on tv & was impressed with a lot of there songs. And I'm Scottish too lol. I decided to buy a cd of them. I looked on Amazon uk & found this for £6 or £7. You get 2 cds. And I can tell you that there both excellent. The 2 albums don't seem to be connected in any way. I played them a couple of times & really took to them. Now I play them regularly & they grow on you even more. Don't even think about getting it. Buy it, both of them are excellent. I love Rock music & your missing out if you don't get this if you love Rock too. They do have an alternative style as they call it.
Les. 22/08/17
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2013
Flicking around the TV channels as you do when bored, I came across "100 Top Rock Tunes" on the music channel and, out of curiosity, watched a few moments of some latter day "guitar oriented rock band" - whatever that is supposed to mean (but usually something that's really quite bland by the standards of rock bands of the past) and it didn't do anything for me whatsoever! However, sipping my cuppa, I couldn't operate the remote and therefore watched the opening lines of the next band "BLACK CHANDELIER" by Biffy Clyro - meant nothing at all, but by the time the track ended I was completely mesmerised and hit the net to find out who these guys were!
So, now here we are, several days later with the album OPPOSITES on the player and I have to say this album has come as a very big surprise indeed and while I thought I had made a mistake in purchasing this album once the first track
"DIFFERENT PEOPLE" came on (as it did seem a bit of a bland starter track which is normally the herald and portent of what is to come!). However, I needn't have worried because from "BLACK CHANDELIER" through to the dying strains of
"PICTURE A KNIFE FIGHT" this is a strong, complex, rocking album with, for me, "VICTORY OVER THE SUN" and the brutal "STINGIN' BELLE" as the standout highlights.
Certainly, this has given me a little bit of a wake up call for so called "guitar oriented band" music - I will have to give it a listen before dismissing it out of hand in future - and that's for sure! In fact I may well now back track Biffy Clyro's catalogue - especially as the earlier material is as cheap as chips!
on 4 May 2014
I have loved Biffy Clyro for a long time, and have been lucky enough to see them live on many occasions. I love this album, and feel that it is a natural progression for them, without "selling out" as such. I know that some think that they have, but is the idea not for a band to be enjoyed by as many people as possible. This has brought them to a different level in my opinion.

There is not a bad track on the album, and some typical Biffy riffs, but also the beautiful heartfelt songwriting of which Simon Neil is so capable. Some gorgeous songs. Keeps you interested throughout.
on 12 August 2017
A timeless classic cant say enough about this cd just buy it!!!

mon the biff
on 4 April 2017
An other fine CD from Another of Scotland's finest bands
on 13 March 2017
awesome album all the classic hits they have had form the early days of the band.. cant stop playing it :)
on 17 July 2017
Good condition great price thanks
on 13 April 2017