on 14 April 2014
I bought this specifically for "Villette"; a novel I had read years ago. I was disappointed, however, as this version had reduced the story to a few pages long. Please make sure you realise this before you buy.
on 14 July 2014
Having the writings of all the sisters one can compare the works of the siblings. Having such plain sad lives by modern standards it is amazing how much passion they could put into words without resorting to explicit sex, As I have got older I have found the works easier to read
on 19 March 2014
I started to read Villete - I'd never read it before and found it confusing until I checked out a single published version and realised that half the text in this 'complete' works was missing.
on 31 December 2014
jane eyre was the book that introduced me to the briliant Bronte sisters works in my formative years of learning i fell in love with English litt. and still am my passion for reading and languages was fired by my introduction to the Brontes work.
on 2 September 2013
Bronte's are best, could not be better. every word makes me laugh or cry. They never fail their readers. yes
on 4 February 2014
generally I took the opportunity to read more from these authors and this was the ideal opportunity. The books have an enormous amount of description which can be off putting as some of it does not seem to help the story along. Often found the stories ends were abrupt and rather weak.
on 5 July 2014
Very good value, interesting to read the novels side-by-side. Using a kindle enhanced experience as dictionary came in very handy for the archane words.
on 20 January 2014
This is a long and very good read the only problem is you must know a small amount of French to be able to get the full benefit of the books
on 2 February 2015
Beautiful writing, I feel a fraud to be asked to review a masterpiece.
Could teach a lot of today's writers about story telling.
on 23 January 2014
It was interesting to read the less well known novels by the Bronte sisters such as Agnes Grey and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall