on 22 January 2015
Brilliant read
on 18 April 2013
All He Ever Dreamed is my first look at a Shannon Stacey book, I have heard a lot about her and so my expectation was quite high. For the most part I quite liked All He Ever Dreamed it was not perfect but it held my attention and I read it in one sitting.

Stacey's style is very sweet, she writes with a gentleness that is easy to read and get involved in. Her vision of small town America was quaint and her characters likable. There was little to dislike but for some it might be a little to laid back.

The characters were nice and there was no one I disliked. Josh was cute and I understood a lot of his frustrations, he was trying to do the best for everyone and ignoring his own needs. I do however think he could have been more upfront with Katie.

Katie was also really likeable, she was honest with herself and I found her funny and interesting. Her relationship with her best friend made me smile often and I loved their fun dynamic. I did feel that she could have been a little angrier with Josh at times, and that when he did something bad she always made an excuse for him.

The romance was sweet but Josh's feelings appeared out of nowhere and developed at a rate that I found unbelievable. At times I also found it difficult to see them as anything but friends.

For the most part I really like this book, I did have a few character issues and felt that it was maybe a little to long for the content but mostly I enjoyed it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 February 2013
If your looking for a feel good romance, with no angst this is a great book. Yes it's predictable, but most romance novels are, but it's warm and comforting.

Josh and Katie have been best buddies since childhood, everyone know there a perfect couple but them!! Rosie is Katie's mum and decides its time to do some matchmaking.

I like the characters, josh could have been more something...not sure what. The kowalski brothers all seemed lovely, I haven't read any of the previous books but would happily pick one up and pass a few hours in any of the brothers company.

This is a slow burning romance book, I did love there christmas presents to each other!!

**i received this book via netgalley for an Honest review**
on 14 September 2013
3.5*

This book was predictable from start to finish. Yes, I know that romance books usually are but this was even more predictable that your average contemporary romance. This was in part due to the author setting up Josh and Katie's relationship so well in previous books that there were absolutely no surprises to have in this one. I am kinda disappointed and kinda glad that this book played out exactly how I expected in every single way.