TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 October 2016
I have owned and used many portable speakers, some this size, and much larger, (and obviously considerably more expensive). So what does this little fellow have that others do not?

Well, for full blown Beethoven in your living room, you may choose a larger and more powerful speaker, and in truth this would not compete, but then this does what the larger ones do not do. Please let me explain - I often have occasion to show people videos on my tablet where the background noise is high, and even at full volume, the tablets own speakers cannot be heard, but this little thing can, and you don't even need the volume on the highest setting.

Don't let me mislead you though - this can play Beethoven without distortion, and reasonably well too, especially with the concertina bass opened up.

The main advantage for me is its size - it is small enough to carry in a coat or jacket pocket, and can be connected to more or less anything either using Bluetooth or the 3.3 mini jack lead, and to very quickly get it out and use it so that video can be heard against very loud background noises.

So, would I recommend this speaker? Absolutely, especially given the price and quality.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and to mark this review as Helpful, if you agree of course. Thank you.
on 10 February 2016
Tiny little thing a bit smaller than a tennis ball and quite stylish. Comes with a power cable to charge off say a laptop or i-phone type plug. Synched easily with my i-phone 4S and carries a decent sound. Possibly a little tinny and needs more bass but for the price perfectly acceptable. Fits in a pocket easily and so no problems in taking it anywhere. Can't say I've noticed much of a difference to the sound when I unscrew and open it up (as per picture). Overall, am I happy I got it? Yes. Obviously if you are prepared to pay more you could get better sound quality but this is fine for me.
on 25 March 2017
This is the second of these I have bought, this last purchase as a gift. This is a family based company and the quality of the speaker speaks for itself, it's a great sound, powerful, compact for travelling and everyone comments on it! We also purchased their bag for it. Would highly recommend x
on 6 January 2016
Looks good.
Sounds much better than its size and is 100 times better than the sound from my mobile phone.
If you want the very best you can get from this little speaker then adjust the equalizer in your music app / device to suit.
I tweaked the low frequencies up and set mid and high frequencies in the middle.
Bluetooth range was short but manufacturer sent replacement without being asked and this replacement has the specified Bluetooth range.
In summary this is a great little device and the company supplying are well motivated to ensuring that you have a good experience. Ten out of ten.
on 4 July 2017
Excellent little speaker! Very happy with it. Actually got one for my neighbour as she loved it too! Good sound and easy to use! Hers actually speaks to tell you when it's connected by Bluetooth! Maybe it's because her iPad is more up to date than mine! Mine doesn't do that!
on 15 January 2017
Bought as a present this little speaker has impressed everybody. It looks good and the sound quality is very good and defies logic that it could come from something so small. It is genuinely small enough to warrant the description of travel speaker - also bought the carry-pouch from the same company and that is also well made.
on 17 April 2016
Bought a few of these at Christmas for the older kids as stocking fillers and it changed the way they listen to their music on their phones.Some have upgraded to larger speakers while others are happy to stick with the Betron Mini Speaker.I did have the pleasure of hearing one of these and was more than pleasantly surprised. They wont burst your eardrums but they do improve the sound coming out of your phone 10 fold. Great price, well built, good sound, what else more can you want? Highly recommend.
on 5 July 2017
Amazing little speaker! The quality of sound is fab and links up to device in an instant. I bought a second one for my daughter as she wanted one for the beach, all good! Prompt delivery...would definitely use this company again 😀👍
on 21 March 2014
I bought this for use when working away from home and staying in hotels and B&Bs. I use it paired with my Android phone. I have the Radio Player app installed so I have effectively a portable radio. I also use it for streaming my music collection that I have uploaded to Google Music.

The sound quality is good, and when you twist and let the device expand you get a noticeable improvement in bass. Initially I started using it with a tablet, with mixed results, and was about to return it, and then I tried it with my phone, and it was obvious that it was the tablet that was at fault.

I get 3-4 hours on a full charge using the bluetooth connection, but if I connect via the supplied 3.5 mm audio lead, I get much longer, and this also turns the bluetooth off automatically.

The only drawback is that the top is quite open, with the delicate speaker exposed. If putting it in my pocket I am careful to check there isn't any junk floating around that could cause damage.
on 2 August 2016
An excellent product. Very compact - would easily slip into an overcoat pocket or the corner of an overnight bag, etc. Once fully charged via USB (cable provided, as is a short 3.3mm to 3.5mm cable), it paired with my Android phone, via Bluetooth, without any problems and provided surprisingly good sound quality and volume. A great buy, especially at this price.