Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 8 May 2013
Cinderella was one of my favourite bands in the 80's and still is. The metal sounding band in Night Songs (1986) became a little softer in Long Cold Winter (1988) and bluesy rock 'n' roll band in Heartbreak Station (1990) and stayed that way until Still Climbing (1994) and gone. The first three albums are my favourites equally. I did not listen to the last album that much at the time. I waited Cinderella to give us another good album for long. I thought like most bands of the 80's, they also stopped making albums and disappeared although I got to hear them of touring here and there.

Now it caught me by surprise to learn from Amazon about this album. And here it is. No metal. It's all rock 'n' roll. It would be far more better if it came out under the name Cinderella. I would enjoy more that way, honestly. But it doesn't matter. Good music is good music. The opener 'Solid Ground' is kinda The More Things Change. After the intro riffs when Tom screams 'Yeah!', I was like that's Cinderella, man! Had goose bumps. After all he went through vocal cord problem, Tom's voice still sounds like he used to.

The standard CD has 10 paged booklet with all the lyrics and production info. Savannah Snow Keifer, Tom's wife, co-writes and co-produces the album. I could find Heartbreak Station in 'A Different Light' and 'Ask Me Yesterday'. 'Thick And Thin' is piano ballad reminds me of Don't Know What You Got. More of The More Things Changed are all throughout 'It's Not Enough', 'Cold Day In Hell', 'Mood Elevator', 'Babylon'. The Way Life Goes is more like Heartbreak Station in my opinion. I won't be wrong to say I'm listening to Cinderella actually. You like Cinderella, this got to be the album for you.

Enjoy music!
Rock 'N' Roll
\,,/,
on 1 May 2013
To say I've been looking forward to this album is something of an understatement.It seems to have been forever in the making, but boy has it been worth the wait! From start to finish this album grabs the attention through great songs and fantastic playing. The range of styles on show here mean the album doesn't get boring through it's 14 tracks as it is so varied from Cinderella style rockers, to country style rock, big ballads, it's all here delivered with a real passion,it really feels like this is Tom coming out the other side after his vocal problems. I cannot recommend this album highly enough for fans of traditional rock and blues, I think country fans may get something out of it too. Hopefully the good reviews this album is getting, will encourage Tom to deliver a new Cinderella album in due course as well!
on 11 June 2013
Long awaited!!! This is a musical masterpiece! For people that understand what real music is about; not a bad song on this album! Would highly recommend!
on 16 February 2016
Yeah it's okay. I don't know what I was expecting. It was n't cinderella, even though that would have been ace. I want to like it a lot more than what I do, and that isn't right. I don't think Ive played it all the way through. On a plus point I still think Tom's voice is good after all he has been through.
on 29 February 2016
I've always loved Cinderella and saw them live in Portland, Maine in '89. I thought I'd give this album a try. It's got some good stuff on it but it's not a patch on his old stuff, such as Gypsy Road.
on 22 May 2013
This is a very good album indeed with a good laid-back feel to it. Tom Keifer continues pretty much where Cinderella left it. Great rockers with a southern taste, bluesy songs, great refrains and good singin'!
BUT, and this is the reason why I just can't give this album a "5 stars", there are a few too many ballads for my taste. I don't dislike them, but they slow down the rhythm of this otherwise very exciting album.
The more I listen to it, the more I like it, and TK's voice and melodies are haunting.
Very good return!
on 2 May 2013
If you liked Cinderella and Tom's voice then there is nothing not to like here. Brilliant vocals as per usual and a album full of great Rock, Blues and Ballads - pretty much exactly what he excels at. Its been a long cold winter Tom but it looks like you have finally come home with this one!
on 3 May 2013
When I first heard "Solid Ground" earlier this year, I knew we were in for a treat. This opening track reminds me a little bit of my favorite Cinderella song, "Bad Seamstress Blues." This album is not a rocker from start to finish the way Night Songs or Long Cold Winter are, but that is what makes this album brilliant. Tom tackles multiple styles and genres here, but they all feel natural and work very well.

His unique voice has always been one of my favorites in rock and roll, and the diversity featured on this album helps to highlight all he can really do. Many of the songs have that signature Tom Keifer blues tinge, which is something that always set the Cinderella catalog apart from the Hair Metal genre for me. No matter where he goes musically, you are never too far from the comforting twang of slide guitar.

I recommend this album not only to Cinderella fans ready for something more, but to anyone who wants to experience a musical journey. The Way Life Goes plays as a fluid, powerful album and is one of the best albums I have ever heard in terms of great songs from track 1 to track 14.
on 1 July 2014
If you loved Cinderella, you're gonna love this. It's not been out of my car since I bought it! There is a real mix of songs on here from rock to blues to ballads. Very talented musician/lyricist all round and Tom Keifer has still got it. He's like a fine wine.....improved with age!
on 29 August 2013
One of the best albums I have heard this year ,been a big Cinderella fan for years.
But Tom Keifer voice is the best I have heard it ,it's a very good rock album a must for rock fans.