Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit Learn more

on 15 September 2014
Lisa Cutts, that is a name to remember. I often purchase books by 'Unknown' authors, because I get tired of the well known writers who sometimes forget who they are writing for and not just counting the pennies coming in.
Lisa is in that genre of authors who really know what they are writing about, because they live it day in and day out. Never Forget was as exciting as any book can be. Its fast passed and filled with little bits of police humour and I just love DC Nina Foster and had to but the next book when I finished this one yesterday.
I would be interested in seeing what a TV Drama makes of it, but it would never be as good as the book, which brings out the personality of each character beautifully.
Keep up the good work Lisa,( I mean the writing, not the policing).
on 30 October 2013
Nina Foster is a detective with a past. As a child she and her sister were kidnapped and it was the rescue by Stan McGuire that made her decide to go into the police force. She is transferred onto the serious crimes team to investigate the murder of Amanda Bell, a local prostitute. It isn't long before more bodies are discovered and the team must discover whether he murders are related. Personally, Nina has problems in her personal life. She is serially unlucky with her relationships and her frien and mentor Stan McGuire has some bad news for her.

This is an excellent first novel by Lisa Cutts who is currently a serving police officer. She has drawn on her own experiences and produced a fast moving story with good, believable characters.
on 11 September 2016
This book has been sitting on my kindle for ages and to be honest I don't know why I haven't read it sooner. If you love a police procedural book which is both authentic and engaging and a feisty female detective with a wicked sense of humour then you must read this book. Nina Foster is a fascinating character who despite having a deeply troubled past doesn't let that define her (unlike other fictional female characters). Lisa Cutts obviously knows her stuff and the occasional flashes of her wicked humour made this book stand out from all the others. I loved it and now I'm off to download book 2 as I need to know what happens next.
on 1 April 2017
I just could not progress with this book. The author has tried to make the novel too authentic and it dulls any excitement. The dialogue is very amateur and off putting. I have read articles by the author listing mistakes made by other authors writing about Police Investigations. However, these are more likely to be poetic license to insert a flow into the story and reduce the number of characters.
on 21 December 2013
This is a great read from an author who knows police process inside out, having lived and worked it as a serving police officer. Usually I read police procedure and get very frustrated at the inaccuracies, but as you would expect, Lisa got it spot on. From the detailed description of a dead body to the banter that goes on behind closed doors, this book hits the nail on the head. I look forward to reading more of Lisa's work and I know she will go from strength to strength.
on 16 November 2013
I very much enjoyed this debut novel by Lisa Cutts. A combination of wit, fear and general good story telling. I liked that the main character wasn't the senior detective, it was a change to read a book that wasn't always about the lead detective and we got to see some of the legwork that goes into solving a crime. And the twist at the end was a twist I definitely didn't expect. Looking forward to the next book in the Nina Foster series.
on 29 March 2017
Dreadful book and appallingly badly written. I got the impression that the author was trying too hard too hard toimpress and amuse and failed dismally.
on 10 April 2014
An excellent read. It was a case of wanting to read the next chapter from beginning to end. I loved the insight into the 'everyday' aspects of a murder investigation that made this story so much more realistic than most. I was sorry when it came to an end, and certainly wasn't expecting it to end the way it did. I look forward to reading more novels from Lisa Cutts.
on 10 March 2017
bought as a gift
on 4 October 2013
I loved this book, and throughly enjoyed it from begining to the brillant ending,Well done Lisa Cutts on a really readable first novel, I read it on holiday in two days, unable to put it down, it went along at a great pace, with twists and turns. If you like crime, police, intrigue you will love this book.
I cant wait for the second book