on 11 December 2014
This was purchased to help me add soundtracks to videos. My idea was to record my own range of SFX then mix them with music previously compiled on an iPad. So far so good. It produces fabulous quality recordings that are easily imported into 3rd party software. It is fairly simple to get the hang of and once you know your way around the menu system and have it set up the way you want it only takes two clicks to start recording.
Transferring files to your PC is as simple as transferring any other file from an external device. If you have a micro SD card inserted then 2 drives will be recognized by your PC - one for the internal memory and the other for the card. Then all you have to do is use your software to open the file(s) or drag them to a chosen location.
There are lots of features that I don't see me needing but those that I do use produce sparkling audio. I really am very happy that I chose the PR7. It does everything I wanted it to do extremely well.
on 23 November 2013
Yamaha are a superb company and this Pocketrak PR7 is just the business for people who need a quality recording device to carry to a venue. It comes with all the instructions you need and will house a micro SD card. Mine has a 32GB card fitted and will keep hours of recordings. The unit can be fitted to any camera tripod to ensure motionless recording of bands, soloists etc. This product is well worth the money and it is so light to carry around. Pity there is no case for it.
on 11 January 2015
It was everything I expected it to be Excellent
on 3 October 2013
Purchased this item to record our band playing new arrangements. The sound quality is as good if not better than I would have expected from Yamaha. Easy to use and the Software works well. The case is a bit light weight but at this price I think the product is great value for money.
Excellent
on 21 September 2016
Great piece of kit at a good price to put down impromptu song writing ideas. Tricky to use at first but then I'm a guy and i don't particularly enjoy reading manuals. However, this one is worth getting to grips with. Only downside is it's plastic finish would have preferred something more robust. You would also be advised to purchase a protective case - because it's worth looking after.
on 9 November 2014
Works reasonably well but with two niggles. I use it to record a brass band in which I play so I can download for practice at home. The levels for recording are difficult to get just right. I suppose it would be ok if I had a set, measured distance with a predetermined level setting but trying to record while playing my own instrument doesn't allow that luxury.

The second niggle is the battery life..very poor. I have had two hours at best in record mode.
on 21 February 2014
Neat pocket-sized recorder that can be used in all situations. Easy to set-up and once that's done all you need are 2 clicks to start recording. I even set mine to not show the red 'recording' light as I think that can put some people off. Audio quality very good and you can alter the audio according to the venue if required. I haven't used the software yet as I already use something else to edit audio.
on 2 July 2016
Absolutely brilliant bit of kit.Teh sound quality is amazing.I use this as a one take recorder to 'jot' ideas down. Can be used with an overdub facility. Easy to change from wav format to MP3. Highly recommend
on 30 October 2015
Seems a good bit of kit so far. Very lightweight and portable.
on 20 June 2014
I have used it 4 times now in different situations, to record individuals and meetings and am very pleased with it's performance.